1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question when turn car on center display switches to green and Bluetooth needs reset(pairing)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Cheffaz, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Cheffaz

Cheffaz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Question when turn car on center display switches to green and Bluetooth needs reset(pairing)

Any idea what might be the problem?
    200k miles 09 prius 5

2. davecook89t

davecook89t Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I'm not sure what you mean when you say "car on center display switches to green". What button has been pressed on the side of display when this happens? Is it the Info button? The Display button allows you to choose the color you would like to see on your display.

You know Bluetooth needs to be re-paired because you get a message on the display that your phone was not connected, is that correct? Recently when I rooted my Android phone, I found that I had to delete the phone on both our cars' displays that it had previously recognized as mine and put both the cars' and my phone's Bluetooth into Discovery mode in order to re-pair them.

Data Daedalus likes this.
  3. Cheffaz

Cheffaz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    sorry let me clarify-- when i turn the car on it resets back to green from orange and it loses the bluetooth settings, then i have to reset it

4. davecook89t

davecook89t Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    It sounds like you may have wiring/connection problems. Are you able to DIY relatively minor repairs? I would think you would want to remove the MFD, as shown in the video linked here, and take a look to see if there is anything you can correct yourself. If not, the guy whose company name and address are shown at the end of the video has a good reputation with the members on this forum and should be able to help you out.