1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cnsrvr1, Aug 5, 2008.

1. cnsrvr1

cnsrvr1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forums for about week now and there's some great information here. I tried searching before posting my question but wasn't able to find anything. Forgive me if this is a rehash :)

I'm looking at placing an order for my first Prius within a couple of weeks. I know specifically that I want either Package 5 or 6--nothing less. My question would pertain to the leather offered on #6. In your estimation, would it be better to have the leather or not to? Aside from preference, would you think are there any legit reasons as to why one should have or not have leather?

Also, does the Touring model offer a more significant kind of driving experience (e.g., more sporty) than the non-Touring model? I know Prii aren't meant to offer an experience like a Ferrari or similar car but I occasionally like to do somewhat relatively spirited driving. I ask because I only got to test drive the non-Touring one.

Thanks in advance!

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Despite your request, this is going to come down mostly to preference. I didn't get leather. We live in a cold climate, and unheated leather can be very cold in the winter. Leather seats can be easy to clean, but we have found good fabric seats are also easy to clean. In our case it was mostly an issue of availability: the car we wanted was available with everything but leather, so that's what we got. If it had been the leather package, I'm sure I would have been happy with that too.

As a minor pointer, it helps if you phrase your subject to be a bit more meaningful. Saying simply "Question" does not tell the reader much about the thread. I often skip these sort of posts for that reason. Next time try something like "Should I buy leather seats?".

Tom