1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Questions about the 2007 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Trojan, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Trojan

Trojan New Member

My wife and I bought a Prius in 2005 and it's been my main car (she drives an Altima). We're thinking about buying her a 2007 Prius now, but there are some questions I had before getting one.

1) In the 2007 models can you still disable the beeping that happens when you're in reverse or aren't wearing your seatbelt? That bugged me SO much when I first got my Prius in 2005 and I think my wife will want them disabled in her 2007.

2) In the 2007 can you still override the nav system so that you can enter in addresses while you're moving? In mine you could go to the Audio menu, do a series of screen presses, then hit override. You have to do it every time, but at least you can do it.

3) Where is the AUX in jack? My wife has a Sirius receiver and we'd like to be able to plug it directly into the stereo (sadly, my 2005 doesn't have AUX in).

2. stevelawrence

stevelawrence Junior Member

I believe there's a 'hack' which can be used to disable the rear beeping. It involves some combination of stepping on the brake pedal, hitting the power button, and some foolery with the LCD display. Haven't tried it, mind.. but it's out there.

2) The 2007 model comes with 'voice activated' address entering which you can do while driving. You can basically 'talk' your address to the car, which is somewhat time consuming, but gets the job done (plus coolness factor) - this I have tested. You cannot enter it onto the LCD while moving though.

This has bugged me as, the car knows if you have a passenger or not, and one would think it would allow a passenger to do the entering, while you drive. My dealer suggested though, that there's no way for the car to *actually* know that the passenger is doing it, regardless of wether it finds one or not, and that their liability cannot extend to a driver doing it, even if there's a passenger in the car who *should* be doing it.

*shrug* The voice activation is good enough for me - But I could use less prompting - it prompts you to tell you that a prompt is about to come up asking you to do something.

3) I have an AUX IN, in the compartment of the central arm-rest.

3. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Trojan @ Feb 11 2007, 03:16 PM) [snapback]388538[/snapback]</div>
    1) Yes. I just got my 2007 and have already disabled the reverse beeping. I haven't tried to disable the seatbelt beeps because they serve as a good reminder to wear them and remind me to make sure the front passenger is wearing it as well.

2) Yes...but not the same way. The series of screen-touches does not work in the 2006 and 2007 models as it did in the 2004 and 2005. There is an identified "in-motion" signal wire that some have cut or put a switch on. Alternately, and my preferred solution, is a series of new products as of December called "Lockpick 3" from coastaletech.com that automatically do the trick. I just got my 2007 and have already had the "Ultimate Lockpick 3 Plus (w/address override)" installed and it's great. Also, the ability to enter destinations with voice commands is also great, negating some of the need for the electronic overrides, but I wanted them anyway.

3) The AUX audio jack is located to the right of the power outlet inside the center console.

4. Trojan

Trojan New Member

Thanks, folks! You've been very helpful! I'll keep you posted if we end up getting one (may be sooner rather than later...there's a dealership nearby that has 12 of them w/ the nav system for $2000 off MSRP this weekend).

5. Trojan

Trojan New Member

Update: we went to the local Toyota dealership and picked up a 2007 for my wife. Fully loaded except no leather (which she didn't want) and we got it for $2000 under MSRP and 0% financing for 24 months. We're officially a 2 Prius family!