1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Questions for Installation of Clazzio or other Prius Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by cycledrum, Jan 11, 2014.

1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For those who have installed Clazzio seat covers on Prius, a few questions.

How did you install and secure the front cover's seat bottom and seatback flaps that go through the crevice between seat bottom and seatback??

Did you have to cut the strap (bottom 2 pics) that secures the OEM fabric flap under the front seat?
    Here's the seatback flap that completely blocks the crevice between seat bottom and back:
    camera 551.jpg
    Clazzio is telling me you must release the flap to install the covers, but look how the strap is one piece, looped around the rods:
    camera 553.jpg
    See the flap and black strap under driver's seat: camera 552.jpg

At 3 minutes in this Clazzio installation video, shows an F150 bottom cover extending to back of seat through the bottom / seatback crevice. Prius seat is NOT designed like this due to OEM flap shown in my pics above.

At 5:34, video shows seatback cover extending through crevice to mate with backside of cover. Prius seat is NOT designed like this.

How does this cover or any custom 2 piece (GT, Wet Okole, etc... ) install in Prius?

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, anyone have knowledge about first post??

3. Clazzio.com

Clazzio.com Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Yes.. you unhook the straps that are holding the flap down, on the seat back. Then you fold the whole piece up towards the pocket on the back of the seat. When you slide the clazzio cover over the seat, you'll slide it right over the flap that you have folded up. Then the clazzio cover gives you a new flap that you hook under the seat. It's VERY easy.. Prius is my favorite car to install.. with 2 people you can be done in 1 hour.

cycledrum likes this.
  4. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I did mine exactly as described in post # 3 above.

One minor tip- do your install on a warm day- and it helps to place the covers in the sun before install to make them easier to work with.
    For me, the back seat with the center fold down cup holder was the most difficult part to install and get right. The "wings" on either of the rear seats weren't too much fun either.

cycledrum likes this.
  5. burstaneurysm

burstaneurysm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That strap just unhooks from both sides. Loop it over one end and then the other.

cycledrum likes this.
  6. Steve terry

Steve terry Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    your finger tips will be sore for days.