1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Questions on options..

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by D K, Jul 29, 2007.

1. D K

D K New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey guys.

I just bought an 05. I'm trying to find out what option package I have.... 3, 5, 7?? Where would I find that out?

I don't have nav, but I have a cd changer if that helps. Also cruise control. Everything else is pretty much standard.

I would like to upgrade my audio. What are my choices? Is it possible to add nav? If not, of if too expensive, what can be done with the existing head unit? Can I add sat radio? What about iPod hookup without going to the cd changer input?

Thanks up front for your time.

dk

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The '05 model year had only six combinations of option packages. Only packages five and six had the JBL audio system with the built in CD changer (not the add on unit located in the cubby hole at the bottom of the dash). Package six added the NAV.

3. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    And the Toyota built-in NAV can't be retro-fitted. Based on numerous threads here, the most popular NAV unit among Prius drivers is the Garmin nuvi.

My 2005 is package #5. It doesn't have the JBL audio, NAV or built-in 6-CD changer (tho' it did come with the after-market CD changer in the lower cubby hole)

If you can't find a list of 2005 package options to compare with, various web sites offer VIN lookup functions.

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paulccullen @ Jul 29 2007, 01:14 PM) [snapback]487154[/snapback]</div>
    I am afraid yours is not a package five. Here are the specific package descriptions for the 05 model year as recently detailed by galaxee in response to a similar question (these are consistent with the '05 Toyota Prius brochure, which I consulted before I posted my earlier response):

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ May 15 2007, 08:08 PM) [snapback]442986[/snapback]</div>
    Here are a couple of additional threads discussing the different '05 packages contents:

2005 Prius Package Content changes.
    Prius pricing for 2005 announced