1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Cathy K, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Cathy K

Cathy K New Member

I haven't been able to access Yahoo Groups for a while, so I can't do a search to see if anyone there has posted answers to these. Sorry to bother you folk. I like it over here better anyway! At any rate here are a few questions
    1. Has anyone found a source for protective film for the display screen?
    2. Has anyone found a source for a dashboard cover?
    3. What's the best cleaner for the dashboard? Everything I've tried has left streaks?
    4. Whats the status on the Federal Energy Bill tax credit for the Prius?
    Thanks for any information.

2. cybele

cybele New Member

Sorry I can't be of more help with the other queries.

I clean my dashboard with a microfiber cleaning cloth. I found a set of three at Target for 6.99. I keep it in the center console and about twice a week I just run it over the dash. A little firm rub for those spots where you've gotten something more than dust (like a smudge) and it comes right up. I also use it on the screen, the microfibers make short work of the greasy fingerprints.

Eventually I'll need something stronger, but for now a regular wipe is keeping it looking pretty good and with no chemicals.

3. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There has been just one really sunny day since I got the car where I was in it while the display disappeared under a blinding ray of light. All I could see was the fingerprints. I guess some cleaning cloths in my car would be appropriate...