1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Quick help needed.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Phred, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Phred

Phred New Member

I tried searching for the answer to this question, but the search function does not seem to be working well for me today. I apologize in advance if this has been answered dozens of times!

Took the Prius to the dealership for the 5000 mi. service this morning (1st one was free). When I left, I checked to make sure the 'Maint Req'd' warning light was no longer lit. But after running a couple of errands, I noticed it was shining again. <_<

I called the dealership, and they were very apologetic and are more than happy to take the "2 seconds" to reset it - I can come by any time at my convenience. Except I don't want to haul myself and my toddler on an hour long trip (travel time, getting in and out, etc.)

So, can I do it myself? I'm a pretty handy gal and am really good at following directions! :)

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Phred @ Sep 18 2007, 03:44 PM) [snapback]514526[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, you can.

I don't recall the procedure off the top of my head, but it is described in the owners manual (mine is in the car 10 floors away).

[Edit]
    OK. Just found the instructions on another thread:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kathleen2 @ Nov 28 2006, 03:20 PM) [snapback]354973[/snapback]</div>

3. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    also note that this is only a reminder light and does not indicate any problems (it should have just said something like scheduled maintenance due) It will come back to flashing at startup for a few seconds at 4000 miles and stay on until reset at 4500 miles.

4. Phred

Phred New Member

Thanks so very much! I'm headed out now to reset it!

ETA: It worked. :D I'm so happy to avoid a trip back to the dealership!