1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Quick Q: Bliz Pearl w/misty gray OR Classic Silver w/dark gray

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by eddiehaskell, Aug 7, 2009.

?
  1. Blizzard Pearl w/misty grey

23 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. Classic Silver w/dark grey

17 vote(s)
    42.5%
  1. eddiehaskell

eddiehaskell Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I know this is a random question, but which do you like better?:help:

Has anyone gotten the light grey interior and regretted it?

I like the blizzard pearl exterior better, but the long term appearance of the light grey interior worries me.

2. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have the silver and dark grey and I am loving it! I had tan in my previous Prius and it was just trashed (I am a do-it-yourself-er and have a dog). I do have tinting and a solar roof so heat is not a problem. Dog has not gotten into this car.

3. theowl

theowl Prius Convert

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The Misty Grey interior is perfect for me. It looks good, cleans easily, resists heat due to the lighter color.

4. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I like both. I ordered silver/dark gray because it will be easier to keep clean. I have a dog and live in an area where there is plenty of dust and some dirt roads as well.

5. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have silver and misty and like it. Blizzard and bisque would be better than Blizzard and any gray, imho.

6. jestoy7

jestoy7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I own a Blizzard with Dark Gray and I love it. I voted form Silver with Dark Gray because I test drove a Blizzard with Misty and did not like it at all.

Silver/Dark > Blizzard/Misty
    Blizzard/Dark > ALL :)

7. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I prefer black/dark interiors. I've owned one car, years ago, with a light leather interior (I was living in south Florida and though it would help keep the interior cooler). Never again--it was too high maintenance. Plus I prefer the looks of a dark interior.

8. MaggieMay

MaggieMay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Had to vote for my car's color! Silver with Dark. I'm not exactly a slob, but the Misty is just too light for me. And I prefer the contrast of a light exterior with a dark interior.

9. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Blizzard Pearl is my favorite color and Misty Gray looks way better than Dark Gray.

1 person likes this.
  10. fred garvin

fred garvin New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

i have the blizzard/bisque, with solar nav.

i would not have chosen the bisque, but knew it was my only chance at a IV solar this year, so i took it

the bisque is nice, don't get me wrong, i just worry that it won't hold up well to dirt etc

i am not bothered by the bisque being a different color than the headliner and the columns - i don't even notice

11. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a Blizzard Pearl with the Misty Grey interior and love it. So far (6,500 miles in) I have not yet come across anything that my kids could track onto the seats that has not just wiped off.

Additionally, I feel that the darker interior is just too darn hot when left in the sun. Misty does not seem to do that to me.

12. nineinchnail1024

nineinchnail1024 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I also have blizzard/misty. I haven't had any issues with it, but with a baby due in 3 weeks and a 75 lb. boxer in need of transportation to and from the vet, I'm sure I'll have some stories to share soon enough...

13. btaylor

btaylor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I decided a few months ago that a Blizzard V with Dark Gray would be my first choice. Looked like I would have to wait many months for it.

So, when I got a call from a local dealer in June that a Blizzard V with Misty Gray had suddenly become available, I jumped on it...but I wondered all the way home whether I would, just maybe, come to later regret the Misty interior. In fact, I've come to love the lighter, more spacious feel of the Misty Gray interior. So, it worked for me!

FYI, I have had many Saabs over the years with dark gray leather interiors. Liked them all...but it now feels a bit of "been there, done that" for me.

14. DanceFam

DanceFam New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I actually ordered the dark grey interior but the dealer made a mistake and it came with the light grey (cloth) interior. At first I was shocked and thought about not accepting the car (even though I had been waiting 2 months). But the more I looked at it the more I liked it. The 2-tone is very attractive, I think, and the car generally looks much more "grown up" and fancier than the dark grey interior, in my opinion. To me, the dark grey makes the whole interior look like one color and is not nearly as interesting to look at. Plus, to me the dark grey interior looks "cheaper" somehow. Plasticky, kind of. Anyway, I am going to have the dealer install their "Propak" interior (and exterior) protection package (at their expense, since they made the mistake). The dealer's co-owner also put me at ease when she explained to me that she has a light grey interior with the propak package and her toddler daughter drew with a sharpie pen all over the back seat, but she was able to remove it all, no problem.

15. concertinajohnnyboy

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Classic Silver w/dark grey would be the best choice.

16. biscuit

biscuit New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was originally hoping to track down the classic silver/dark grey combo, but it has been tough to find silver exterior around here, period. One became available locally, so I placed a deposit to even be able to drive it before it went out the door with someone else. I was slightly disappointed to find it had the light grey interior. I assumed I would need the dark, out of fear of somehow trashing the light, even though I keep a pretty tidy car and am usually the only one in it. Well, I bought it anyway. I have to say, I think the light grey looks so much richer than the dark. It literally changes the feel of the interior from utilitarian to luxury. Something about the dark grey just seems to cheapen it comparatively. I think I would have actually been settling on the dark out of fear. I still had a teensy anxiety attack about it after the fact, thinking I made a mistake somehow. But then I sat in my new car. I'm a grown-up now (at least theoretically) and I deserve a beautiful car, inside and out!

17. dapop6

dapop6 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

i also wanted the charcoal grey but got the lighter one...but looks good and glad i got it....

18. spinnsilly

spinnsilly New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm having the same dilemma and leaning towards the darker gray interior. I love the misty gray in leather but there's something very off looking about the color in fabric in my opinion.

19. asj2009

asj2009 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a blizzard and dark gray and love it too! I think the contrast in color makes some sense, plus the dark gray interior just looks more formal and elegant (although i guess in summer it'll heat up faster)

20. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well here's my problem:
    I prefer the Blizzard with light grey.
    Spouse prefers Silver and dark.

The $200 less may tip the debate her way.