1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

+ QUOTE

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by daniel, Feb 2, 2007.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Below every post, there's the "Reply" button, and next to it there's a button that says "+ QUOTE" and if you click on it it changes to "- QUOTE."

But it doesn't seem to actually do anything.

What's it for?

2. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    If you select "+Quote" on a post, it will turn red and say "-Quote". You can do this on many posts in a thread. When you hit "Add Reply", all of the posts that you selected will be quoted in your reply.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Feb 2 2007, 10:24 AM) [snapback]384415[/snapback]</div>
    Like this here. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skwyre7 @ Feb 2 2007, 10:29 AM) [snapback]384417[/snapback]</div>
    But only if you click the [​IMG] button.

[​IMG] doesn't do it.

This is good for responding to multiple people in one reply. You simply insert your response between their quotes. Like that above.

4. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Thanks for the example, Tony. It was tough for me to do it since there was only one post at the time.

5. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Oh God, NOOOOOOOO! :eek:

Don't tell me you guys just showed Daniel how to multi-quote! <_<

Oh, this is not good . . . now we're in for it. :blink:

Now he's going to be doubly effective, um, or is that affective . . . afflicted? :huh:

Please, someone keep dbermanmd away from this thread!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hey, that's cool.

All this time I've been right-clicking Reply and Open in New Window, then copy and paste to get all of them into one reply window.

Thanks a lot!

7. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  8. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Feb 2 2007, 11:23 AM) [snapback]384558[/snapback]</div>
    Don't feel bad, Sufferin'. I was doing it anyway. This will just save me a little time by allowing me to do it more easily. Don't begrudge me that, even if we disagree on almost everything.

9. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That is cool, I didn't know this feature was here either. Now, if I could just figure out what that spell check button was supposed to do. I press it in a reply, and nothing ever seems to happen.

10. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Feb 3 2007, 07:06 AM) [snapback]384826[/snapback]</div>
    Daniel, I wouldn't begrudge you that simple pleasure. In fact, if I were first to read the thread, I would have answered it honestly. I do enjoy hearing other peoples points of view . . . even those who I rarely agree with.

If others who I don't agree with did not have the same opportunity to be heard, my world would be less colorful . . . [but that doesn't mean don't ignore most of their crap either. ;) ]

Yes, I would have explained multi-quoting . . . but I just don't have the time or inclination to try to explain why Beryl Octet would continue to press the spell check button when “nothing ever seems to happen.†:huh:

11. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    "The repetition of identical actions in anticipation of different results."

12. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Feb 3 2007, 05:06 PM) [snapback]384972[/snapback]</div>
    I saw this in action when I visited Las Vegas. I had seen Cirque du Soleil, first on DVD, and then live in Seattle, and wanted to see more of their shows. So I went to Las Vegas, their home ground.

Now, I admit to gambling while I was there: I put $1 in one slot machine once, and I bet $1 at roulette once. (The minimum bet was $10 but there was only 1 or 2 people at that table, and when I told the lady that I just wanted to bet a dollar, she let me.)

But I saw people at the slots, with their plastic cup full of coins, dumping them in, over and over; and people at the various tables (with minimum bets from $10 to $500, though the highest table I saw anyone playing at was $100 minimum) just betting and betting.

"The repetition of identical actions in anticipation of different results."

Sad.