1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Radian 80 install in 2008 rear seat middle, help pls.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Snagtooth, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Snagtooth

Snagtooth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have read various topics here that some people have their car seats installed in the middle with latch and some do not. A couple have advised to use the lap-shoulder belt only in this position.

Can anyone tell me definitively if the latch is unsafe or not? Does it matter if the Radian is installed forward facing or rear facing if latch will work? I installed the base for his "old" infant car seat for test purposes using latch and it seemed pretty secure to me. Now that he is outgrowing that, we went with the Radian to give him room to grow and also take advantage of the trimmer profile, plus we like the 5 point harness.

My preference is latch if it is safe to do so, but I have been unable to confirm this with some kind of reference material. If we can not use latch, I may contemplate moving it to the rear passenger side since to me the lap-shoulder belt has the potential to shift over time.

Thanks much.

2. Snagtooth

Snagtooth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    /bump

Anyone have comments on other car seats they have installed in the middle rear?

thx.

3. Tenebre

Tenebre Custom User Title

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A