1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Radiator Blocker

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by hdrygas, Dec 9, 2005.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have been experimenting with a radiator blocker to improve warm up, heat and MPG now that winter has set in. I took out the windshield screen from in front of the radiator and used some pipe insulating foam in the grill. Thus far they seem equal but the grill foam looks awful! I was thinking on how to improve the looks and I came up with modifying a front end mask or Bras to cover the grill. I had a thought that one could with some Velcro and a bit of vinyl cloth from the fabric store alter one of the front end Bras to accomplish this and it might be easy to take on or off. Our temps are fairly erratic. I ask you before I consider ordering one, how easy would this be to do? I can not tell from the pictures if this would be difficult or easy. Obviously there would have to be 2 different covers. My thought is this would look nicer than stuffing insulation in the grill. Those of you that have used one what do you think?