1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. egrossman

egrossman New Member

I have a 2006 purchased in March. Just in the last couple weeks my radio has started emitting a loud, long tone (beep) when turned on. Changing stations interrupts the tone temporarily, but then it returns. Sometimes it comes on with the CD player as well. My best solution is to turn the stereo off for a while, and then sometimes it won't come back. It doesn't happen every time -- just about once a week. No indicator lights on the dash are lit. Annoying tone goes away when stereo is off. I have no modifications, and nothing is plugged into the AUX jack.

Anyone else have this? And fixed it?

2. glenhead

glenhead New Member

Back in the dark ages, before the earth cooled, I would have said you have a component going bad in the amplifier stage of your stereo. Oh, wait - that's still what I'd say. :) Especially with the tone going away when changing frequencies - there's no signal going through the amp while the receiver circuitry syncs up. It's remotely possible it's a short in one of the speaker wires, but I'd lay odds on a cracked printed-circuit board or cold solder joint (most likely) in the final amp stage of the stereo.

Unless you drive a heckuva lot of miles, the car's still under warranty. Make the dealership fix it.

3. plantz

plantz Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(glenhead @ Sep 7 2006, 06:47 AM) [snapback]315673[/snapback]</div>
    The biggest problem will be convincing the dealer that it needs to be fixed. Try to determine the circumstances under which it is most likely to occur so you can replicate these for the dealer.

4. egrossman

egrossman New Member

Thanks for the help. Sounds like a problem for the dealer -- especially since I'm still under warranty. I'll post an update when it gets resolved.