1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Radio Button Inop Repair Assistance

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Rest, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Trying to find someone willing to assist in finding out how to repair the issue with the radio buttons going inoperable. It's most likely a dirty connection or bad solder joint somewhere inside the radio unit.

I know there is as least one forum member that can repair this issue, but I don't want to pay someone for something I can do myself. I can't seem to find anyone willing to help explain how to do the repair.

My radio buttons are going out more and more often, it's sure getting annoying. Generally I can tap my dash near the radio to get them back, but I just want a permanent solution. My 2007 Prius has barely over 11k miles and is in perfect condition. I even just upgraded the 12 volt battery using the eLearnAid Optima Yellow top battery kit. So my intent is to keep this vehicle for many more years or until Toyota makes a plug-in Prius.

I'm not trying to take business away from anyone concerning this issue. But since this is a forum based on members that help each other with solutions keeping us from "Stealership" service departments, I figured someone here could help me find a true fix.

So how about it?

2. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Anyone?

3. Oneaxepony

Oneaxepony Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I wish I could say I have a fix for this but I dont. Unless the person with the fix decides to share there's not much you can do. You could try to PM this person to see if he would point you in the right direction as long as you agree not to divulge the information. Might be worth a shot. Good luck.

4. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Already did that before starting this thread. Doesn't appear he's willing to help, at least not without paying to have him do the repair. This is really a shame because the forum has been such a great place for Prius owners to share information and avoid "Stealership" service department gouging. Now we have to look out for gouging amongst ourselves.