1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Radio displays "No Name"

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mtneer79, Oct 10, 2010.

1. mtneer79

mtneer79 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I get in my car this morning and the radio comes on as usual. After about 5 or 6 seconds the radio goes off and displays "No Name". Nothing works, not the XM radio, AM or FM radio, CD player. I turn off the car and the same thing happens. Any suggestions?

2. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sounds like it's time for a trip to the dealership! I have no idea what would cause this unless there is a signal booster between the antenna and the radio and it died or the fuse blew... Either way, it's covered by the warranty so might as well have the dealership worry about the fix...

1 person likes this.
  3. jayvee

jayvee Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Could it be attempting to play Bluetooth audio? (Could it have connected to your phone/ipod?) That would explain the 5-6 second delay. Not sure why it would switch from FM, though, or why it wouln't let you switch to FM/SAT/CD, etc.....

Turn off all paired Bluetooth devices within 100 feet or so and see if it does the same thing.