1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Radio Freezing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by MEATHEAD, Sep 6, 2008.

1. MEATHEAD

MEATHEAD New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have a 2007 prius and my radio freezes on the Z100 station it just says one step that its frozen on the screen. All the other stations show the station and song etc. Anyone know ow to unfreeze this?

Also is there a way to turn the message on while driving?

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What is a "Z100 station"?

3. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I remember Z100 from when I lived in NY.... and since it looks like he's from NJ... I'd imagine that's what he's referring to.

4. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    yeah i've posted about this one before, heh

lifting the speaker out and cutting into the car's speed wire or installing a switch is just not important just for the rds info. the car should scroll the same information whether or not the cars in motion or not, as far as msg goes a lot of radio stations don't use this for the actual song title. it might just be canned information. if you want to cutting into the speed wire do it for something important iike the telephone controls or the navigation system

the stuck message is probably z100's fault.

kufx over here in san francisco has been stuck on "angie".

considering that both kufx and z100 are both clear channel stations, i wonder if clear channel has anything to do with the rds tagging, maybe they wanted to save money??

5. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    duplicate post

6. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If the system works OK on all the other stations, but not "Z100", Odds are that it is "Z100"'s problem. Its not worth loosing sleep over. Call the Station, ask to speak with the Chief Engineer, or Engineer in Charge. Explain to him the every other station in town displays fine on my radio, however your station has the following problem. Were you aware of this?

Usually if you give intelligent facts, stay calm, you might get a response!

It could be that "Z100" does not really rely on RDS to nail a audience!!!
    It does cost money to maintain!!!

Good Luck de Pat KK6PD