1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

radio interference?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ALoLA, Sep 25, 2004.

1. ALoLA

ALoLA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Anyone in the L.A. know if it's "safe" to take the Prius up to Mt. Wilson? It's a great view of L.A. up there. They've got a bunch of radio antennas which you can see from the basin. They're really huge up close. The last time I was up there with my Galant, my keyless entry fob wouldn't work, presumably because of all of the radio interference. Would all that radio radiation have any impact on the Prius?

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ALoLA\";p=\"41590)</div>
    I have been there in 2001 Prius with no difficulties observed. Much of the Angeles National Forest has just been "closed" due to fire hazard.

DAS

3. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The owner's manual and my salesman both say that is it possible radio interference can prevent the Smart Key system from working. If it happens you'll just have to suck it up. Put your hand in your pocket, take out the fob and press the unlock button. You probably will have to put the fob in the slot too. Don't forget to take it out when you get home! :)

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bruceha_2000\";p=\"41679)</div>
    Oh my god Nooo not that!! Put my hand in my pocket what will people think! This is bad very bad. I can attest that parking near a portable MRI and CAT scanner has no effect on the Smart Key, though I was ready to pull the circuit breaker on them ( well I guess I wouldn’t but I can think about it can't I)