1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

radio presets

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Kevin Franken, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Kevin Franken

Kevin Franken New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My Prius 3 displays only 3 radio preset screens (each with 6 stations): 2 FM and 1 AM.

1. Can I create more radio preset screens so that I have more radio stations in memory?
    2. If not, can I change the AM presets to FM presets (since I don't listen to AM)? If so, how?

Thank you.

2. vskid3

vskid3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    On both questions, I doubt it. I'm amazed you need that many presets, I've never found enough stations I liked to fill more than 6.

3. bathala

bathala Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    You can store any AM, FM, FM-HD & SAT on each of the presets in any order you wish. You can fill all the presets with FM only if that is what you want.

When you choose the FM station you want to store, just press on the preset number for about 3 seconds and the color will change to red. This tells you the station has been saved. Whichever Source you pick, the same presets will show on your screen. You cannot create more presets than your unit can display.

Are you sure your 13Prius3 only has 3 preset pages? I also have the 2013 Prius but Persona Series. I checked the options for III and it's almost the same as mine. I have 6 pages of presets.

4. Tropicseed

Tropicseed New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My 2013 Prius 3 has 6 pages of presets, as described in the manual. Withh the source set to radio I get the column of 6 (I think it is) presets, and it says "page 1of 6". As another poster said you can program any combination of AM, FM, & Sat stations.

I do find it annoying that it doesn't put the call letters of the stations by the preset, and doesn't let you program them either. Other cars do this, it can't be that hard. Frankly, I can't remember even 6 stations, let alone 36!

5. Kevin Franken

Kevin Franken New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My car came with only 3 sets/pages of presets: 1 AM, and 2 FM. I don't know how to change the AM page to FM, and I don't know how to get more than the current 3 pages of presets. Is this info. in the user manual? Under what topic?

6. Kevin Franken

Kevin Franken New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Update: My bad. I have a Prius 2, not a 3. That makes all the difference, apparently. The Prius 2 only comes with 3 pages of presets, and one cannot add additional pages, nor can you replace the AM presets with FM presets. If you want 6 pages of presets, one must get a Prius 3.