1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

radio presets

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jkash, Jan 23, 2004.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just wondering, how many raido presets there are and how they work. Are all the presets on one screen, or do you have to go to a new screen for FM 1, FM 2, and AM? Can you switch from radio to CD on the steering wheel?

Hoping tonight is the night I get the call :eek:

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    By pressing the MODE button on the steering wheel you switch from AM, FM1, FM2, CD, SAT, etc. 6 presets per channel (i.e. total of 12 for FM stations).

Obviously can be controlled from touch screen or manually on the radio itself too.
    --evan
    p.s. GOOD LUCK

3. Melgar

Melgar New Member

There are 6 Am and 12 FM presets (at least on the premium stereo system on my pkg #9). You need to switch between FM1 & FM2 to use all 12.

On the steering wheel is a button labeled "Mode". Pressing the mode button cycles you through AM, FM1, FM2, Cassette, & CD. I assume if you add in XM Radio then pressing the mode button would cycle you through satellite as well.

4. cybele

cybele New Member

There are three different presets for the radio stations and each has its own screen.

You can access them all from the steering wheel using the mode button on the left. You just cycle through the modes which are CD, FM1, FM2 and AM. (Maybe not in that order). Then once you pick a mode, you can control the volume (the plus & minus button) and the track for the CD (up & down) or in radio mode the up and down will send you to the next station on your preset.

When you use the screen, each screen is for a different set of presets. Setting the radio presets is easy, just tune to the station and then press the preset button on the screen and hold it until it appears as the number.

Your passengers can also play with the stereo, as the mode button is available there without changing the screen. They're a little further down on the center control console.

When you have the screen set to the consumption or anything else, when you change the radio station or CD track or turn the radio up or down, a little bar will come across the top of the screen to show you what you've changed to without interrupting your current screen.

My car doesn't have the NAV or premium stereo, so the controls may be slightly different on yours.

I hope you get the call tonight, too!