1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Radio Station "buttons" are not mapped correctly on touch screen

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Prius10 Newbie, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Prius10 Newbie

Prius10 Newbie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hello all. A new problem with the navigation system display on our 2010: the radio station buttons are mapping with an offset. In other words, I press the top left preset button, and get the radio station two positions down. If I want the top left station, I must select an area well above that station on the touch screen. Is there a way to reset the touch screen so that it maps correctly?

2. CARspec

CARspec Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The screen resets each time you start the car. You can diagnose the issue yourself by using the service menu.

Ready the car on.

Hold the info button down and turn the headlights off then on then off again until the nav screen changes.

This is the service screen.

See my twitter for photos (it is a different nav, but the idea is the same) regarding the following:

Enter "Failure Check/Setting"

Enter "Touch Switch"

Touch the screen.

Check it for accuracy. See my photos and you can see where I was touching and then the subsequent mark it leaves as part of the check.

If clearing the nav codes (in the "Failure Diagnosis" menu) does not fix your issue, you will likely need a new nav screen. I hope someone can chime in with a trick to resetting it in a way I'm not away of, but I know of no way to fix this without total replacement.

Edit: check for foreign material stuck around the edge of the screen.

#2 CARspec, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  3. Prius10 Newbie

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks! I will give it a try as soon as my wife gets home with it.

4. Prius10 Newbie

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Crap! I could get to the Diagnosis Screen, but could choose neither of the two options. I probed every possible section of the screen, but neither option would ever get selected. A "Catch 22" situation- trying to use a faulty touch screen to resolve a touch screen problem.
    I did check for any foreign material around the perimeter of the screen, including behind the outer frame. Found nothing, not even dust bunnies. Will need to look at a replacement screen, I guess. It probably will cost dearly.
    Crap!

5. CARspec

CARspec Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Toyota does exchanges for refurbished units vs. new which will save you some money. There will be a number like "57032" on the lower right of the nav unit - that is your replacement unit number.

It is a job an enterprising novice could do in an hour or so. Good luck.