1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Radio Station Info while driving

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Ytsejamer1, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Ytsejamer1

Ytsejamer1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hey everyone,

I just picked up my Prius this afternoon. It's been great fun to drive around and play with all the new features. One of the items that I wasn't able to figure out on the fly, was getting to see the FM radio station information such as the song title and artist. Only when I was stopped at a light could I see it when I hit the message "button" on the touch screen.

I know it has bugged some other folks for awhile too, but honestly it makes absolutely no sense. What if i'm on the road for x number of hours listening to the radio...Toyota doesn't think I want to know what song is playing? I will be getting Sirius installed soon and will be beyond pissed if I can't see what song and artist is on the channel i'm listening to.

However, maybe i'm just not looking in the right spot or hitting the right menu/button/etc... Any ideas?

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Toyota is worried that you will hit a tree while reading messages on the radio. They are disabled when the car is in motion.

Tom

3. Ytsejamer1

Ytsejamer1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks for the reply...yeah, that's what I was afraid of. That's retarded...with the radio thing anyways (guess I can understand the nav).

4. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ironic, like somebody else pointed out in another thread, they give you a message to warn you about reading messages while driving! DUH!!!

5. kroser

kroser New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I just added Sirius to my 2009 Prius and was pleasantly surprised to find out that the song display DOES work for the satellite stations, even while the car is moving.

6. Ytsejamer1

Ytsejamer1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Kroser...good to know. Actually I found out today that the information DOES pop up while moving...however some radio stations only show that info via the Message button. Not sure what the difference is in their broadcast, but whatever.

I too just received my SSC1 and TOYSC1 today and will be installing it soon. I wonder where these will go, but will leave the decision to my boss who is all about doing this car business. I can't wait to get it hooked in there and activated.

7. kroser

kroser New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    On my 2009, the song will scroll, albeit quite slowly on the selector button for a FM radio station, but the display you see when hitting Msg is disabled until the car stops.