1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

radio station re-set to new station

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by aspens3, May 13, 2011.

1. aspens3

aspens3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello everyone. This is my first post. I bought an '07 Prius. (It didn't come with a manual, although I've downloaded owner's manual online.) It has only 27,000 miles (rare low mileage in Alaska). The radio station slots are all full, choices made by the previous owner. How do I substitute my station for a full slot? Mechanics.
    I was getting 53 MPG until going up mountain when the average over the forty miles sank to about 48. What a difference from my truck which gets 15 mph! Now that there is a computer screen to watch, I find myself trying hard to influence the mileage! Is is a new owner affliction??

2. walterm

walterm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yes, the screen is very tempting to watch. It gets less so as time goes by, but it's always something you feel you should be taking note of.

To program a radio button use the tuning knob to select the station you want, and then press and hold the radio button you want that station to be assigned to. After a few seconds the button will set to the new station.

1 person likes this.
  3. aspens3

aspens3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hmm, used seek to find station I wanted but when pressing #1, it just jumped to the station already bookmarked and didn't accept my substitute. A small inconvenience.

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1. You need to continue applying pressure on the spot until the new station has been registered.

2. If that doesn't work with spot #1 try one of the other spots. Maybe there's something wrong with the touch-sensitive screen.

1 person likes this.
  5. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It has been said that disconnecting the 12v auxiliary battery will lose all your radio pre-sets. Might be worth a try.

1 person likes this.