1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Radio swap

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by You know who, Oct 24, 2015.

1. You know who

You know who New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hey people,

I have a 2015 Prius C model 2. I was wanting to know if it was possible to add navigation via some module or add on or would I have to replace the entire head unit with a model 3 unit and if so would the model 3 unit work in my model 2?.

2. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Assuming the 2015 model is the same as the 2012-2014, swapping out the headunit with a C3/4 headunit will work fine. Some other folks (myself included) swapped out the headunit with a corolla/highlander unit with success as well.

3. You know who

You know who New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Is the Corolla or Highlander unit better in some way more features and what not? I'm were looking for the HD Radio and Google Maps and that's about it but if there are other head units that are compatible with more features I'm interested.

4. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    tbh I used it because it was the far cheaper option with only what I wanted. It does look different, and requires a faceplate to blend into the dashboard. My corolla swap in model didn't have the HD radio or nav on it, I wanted it dominantly for the screen so that I could install a rear parking camera that wasn't an option for my 2014 model.
    Relative radio and nav, I use my phone hooked into the headunit via bt. Not sure if that idea is an option for you.