1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Radio Text.. Wrong Standard

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by scottmason, Nov 13, 2005.

1. scottmason

scottmason New Member

I noticed my '04 Prius seems to have the incorrect Radio Text Standard loaded. All Radios in the U.S. using RadioText ( where you see the call letters, and there is a format indication) use the RBDS North American Standard. European radios use the RDS standard. I have a Ford Escape ( hybrid also) and my Prius. In L.A. the PTY ( format ) read out is totally incorrect on the Prius because U.S. radio stations transmit the RBDS standard. So in L.A. K-Earth 101 ( 101.1 FM)Reads ROCK, on the Prius and OLDIES on the Ford, it is an oldies station. KLSX 97.1 Reads INFORM on the Prius and TALK on the Ford, it is a Talk station. A real weird one is in Riverside KFRG 95.1 reads ROCK on the Prius, and COUNTRY on the FORD.

This is obviously an error, as no matter where the radio is produced, it is supposed to be compatible with that regions standards.

Anyone else have this issue, or is it just my radio ?

Scott

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My Prius thinks KPLU "NPR and all that Jazz" is a rock station, still sound like Jazz to me. I am unimpressed. I do get a message banner from the station during pledge week to had the phone number!