1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Radio wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rrolff, Dec 19, 2009.

1. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Does anyone have the pinouts for the radio connectors? Also looking for the corresponding Scosche kit... Adding an amp and speakers...

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Bob W. might be able to answer some questions as he has the service manuals possibly with wiring diagrams. Also Toyota's Europe site might allow download of the diagrams... I will have to check.

3. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm also looking for how the front door and "squaker (tweeter in dash)" are connected - in parallel, or is there some crossover...

4. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Jump on www.techinfo.toyota.com, pay 10 bucks for 2 day access, download EVERY PDF file available, and you will end up with a pretty complete sevice manual. I did it fo the 2008, and 09 and am glad I did.

It's a GREAT investment for future projects and repairs, well just like your attempting now!!!
    Good Luck!!
    I wanna see pics when yer done!!!

5. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Here is a real cool document about the JBL system. It doesn't specify pin outs but it does show the wiring harnesses.
    They do have the wiring schematics but you have to pay for that. Like KKP6D mentioned the US site would be better if you did that.
    I would suspect that Bob W. would have access to the schematics though, you should ask him.
    Peter

1 person likes this.
  6. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Cool diagrams. I noticed they have one for the rear view camera too.

There is a speaker AE that is installed above the spare. That looks like a cool place for a sub. Does anyone know how to get that part, and if it is a subwoofer. I'd also like to buy that pry tool if anyone knows where to buy that.

7. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Price is $15/2 days now, but still well worth it. The EWD's are interactive online, but static versions can be "printed' (which is really just a PDF download).

8. ALL_600D

ALL_600D New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just pulled out my head unit. Here is what I have found.

2010 Prius II
    Battery - Light blue
    Accessory - Gray
    Ground - Brown
    Illumination - Green
    Dimmer - White black
    Left front speaker (+) - Pink
    Left front speaker (-) - Violet
    Right front speaker (+) - Light green
    Right front speaker (-) - Blue
    Left rear speaker (+) - Black
    Left rear speaker (-) - Yellow
    Right rear speaker (+) - Red
    Right rear speaker (-) - White

9. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    FYI - Prius II and III head units will differ, as will NAV vs. non-NAV. II has the amp in the head unit with speaker out, III+ has line out (L/R only) to the amp and an AVC-LAN connection (steering controls and signaling to the amp).

For what it's worth, the amp itself controls volume and balance/fader. Power off is simply a "mute" signal sent to the amp (no off) - this can be observed by a faint hiss from the amp when powered off. This is why those who retain the stock head unit must tap the speaker level output from the JBL amp for 3rd party amps and speakers and live w/ the "processing" that takes place before-hand.

10. ajc

ajc Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I want to add a Infinity Basslink powered Sub to my JBL system.
    -Do I have to tap into the wires coming out of the JBL amp that goes to the speakers?
    - Do you know what color wire goes to which speaker?

11. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I added the Infinity sub to my JBL system a few months back. I did tap into the speaker level inputs at the JBL amp. If you look at my post here you can see all the wire colours in my pictures. http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-prius-audio-electronics/64433-2010-prius-jbl-powered-subwoofer-install-pics-instructions.html

12. ALL_600D

ALL_600D New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

FYI, that's why I listed it as:

2010 Prius II

13. BadToo

BadToo New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I don't mean to butt in on your question, but I have a similar question that may interest others. I am trying to connect the factory installed XM antenna wire (square plug) to a portable XM receiver (small round plug). The factory plug contains four wires. I'm guessing 2 are for the antenna and 2 are for power. Does anyone know which wires are which and if it is necessary for me to hook up the 2 power wires? 2010 Prius II

14. LJW

LJW Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Off-topic, but... You need an SFA12F cable, available here: Lexus IS And LS Shark Fin Antenna Adapter SFA12F
    I suggest you look around on ebay and others as it can be found for a little less, but it's a pricey cable, unfortunately.

15. Adam Leibovitch

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have some schosch loc-80's: Scosche LOC-80 (loc80) Two Channel Adjustable Line Output

If your going that route, you would probably need 3, and hook the third one up to a back channel for the sub. Unless you have some kind of amp or processor that can take 2-4 channels and runa sub plus speakers with it.
    ie: JL Audio XD700/5

And I would also suggest paying $15 at techinfo.toyota if you want to do this stuff on your own. Lots of info.

16. Pneffkell

Pneffkell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry to jump this thread. I have an 2013 prius 3 with nav. Does that system have the amp in the radio? what is the difficulty in going to the 8" nav unit with an aftermarket amp?

17. Pneffkell

Pneffkell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry to jump this thread. I have an 2013 prius 3 with nav. Does that system have the amp in the radio? what is the difficulty in going to the 8" nav unit with an aftermarket amp?

Any help would be Appreciated

18. Calliner

Calliner New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello people can you help me i cant find aftermarker harness for my toyota prius 2005. It has jbl system with amp and sat nav . i want to change original radio to double din radio but i cant find where i can buy wires that connect it . if you know please help thanks. Here i add my original radio photos Screenshot_2016-12-27-21-51-42.png IMG-20161225-WA0002.jpeg IMG-20161225-WA0000.jpeg