1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Raise your certer armrest to a more comfortable position.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Arizona Charlie, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Arizona Charlie

Arizona Charlie New Member

When you open the center console you will find a small black tray which can be used to hold change, a pen, keys, etc. This tray is removable and has an alternative use which I don't think is mentioned in the owners manual.

Remove the tray and you will notice that there is a slot on the front-inside of the console. Put the tray into the slot allowing it to stand up vertically. The top of the tray should face the rear of the console. Close the armrest and the armrest is now resting at a convenient upward angle and is actually usable as a place to rest your right arm.

Arizona Charlie

2. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    hmmm.. didnt know that! i'll try it first thing in the morning! :mrgreen:

3. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

I like the arm rest in its standard closed position; however that tray is a nuisance. I used it for a while to hold change but it frequently tipped over , spilling the change to the bottom of the console. I tried placing it forwards... even less useful. I even thought about gluing it in place. Finally, I removed it and stored it in the lower glove compartment, where it'll probably stay as long as I own the car.