1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Raked/slanted side moldings

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Prizzle, May 15, 2006.

1. Prizzle

Prizzle New Member

[attachmentid=3449][attachmentid=3454][attachmentid=3452][attachmentid=3453]For those wondering what raked/slanted mount side moldings look like, behold Prizzle. My first picture post so it might not be up to par.

Please forgive the "wet" look, its been raining here all week and looks to continue for another week to 10 days of this.

2. Rick Grahn

Rick Grahn New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    For those wondering what raked/slanted mount side moldings look like, behold Prizzle. My first picture post so it might not be up to par.

Please forgive the "wet" look, its been raining here all week and looks to continue for another week to 10 days of this.
    [/quote]

Mine are also raked/slanted, just a little higher than yours. Looks good, though.

3. bagwell

bagwell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    nice!

thanks for the pic

4. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Great pictures.

Can you tell me the distance difference from the lower crease to the molding front to back. Obviously it is higher at the back... by an inch or two compared to the front?

Thanks.

5. Prizzle

Prizzle New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ May 16 2006, 11:36 AM) [snapback]256266[/snapback]</div>
    Its about two inches ( I'm nowhere near the car right now). But the way I measured it was to follow the angle of the door handles, which is slighly less than the angle of the body crease above. I start it the rear even with the rear wheel well and then follow that angle forward. I ended up with a very slightly lesser angle than that, simply due to my own lack of expertise, but it looked OK to me so I went with it. But now all four planes ( upper crease, door handles, molding and lower crease) converge ahead of the car which I think gives apparent added length and lower height to the eye.

6. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prizzle @ May 16 2006, 08:40 AM) [snapback]256270[/snapback]</div>
    Super. Thanks for the details. I do agree that it looks VERY nice to angle them slightly.

7. Prizzle

Prizzle New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ May 16 2006, 03:14 PM) [snapback]256418[/snapback]</div>
    Yer welcome! The least I could do for all the excellent advice and mod instructions you have posted on this forum.

8. dpower

dpower Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I like that alot, I think I'll try a bit more radical rake when mine come in.