1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ran over piece of metal. Damaged plastic shrouding. Parts?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by C313, Mar 11, 2024.

1. C313

C313 New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    So was driving my 2023 LE ast night and was greeted by a random metal object in the road. By time I noticed it was too late.

It damaged the undercarriage plastic shrouding on my rear passenger side where the hybrid cable (I'm assuming anyways) makes it's way to the engine. Damaged and broke off I'm assuming is a bracket that holds the hybrid cable in place.

Anyone know what parts these are and recommendations to take moving forward? As of right now I just zip tied the area that is very loose. Unsure if I should take it to the dealership or to an auto body shop or replace the pieces myself if anyone here knows which parts exactly are damaged and can point me in the direction where to buy them?

In terms of the damages

Orange piece that came off is I'm assuming a bracket that holds the hybrid cable in place?

Gaping hole exposing the hybrid cable took the blunt force of the damage. Plastic shrouding ripped completely off.

Back area with my foot is completely loose. I'm unsure if a bolt/clip just came off and is all I need to secure it back in place?

Attached Files:

2. Zeromus

Zeromus Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    It sacrificed itself to do its job.

Take it to the dealer and I'm sure they can help you order the parts. Chances are you can do the work yourself, but you might need their help to find the part numbers using a diagram off TIS. Take the few bits you do have with you, there might be identification on them.

But I don't think anyone here has (as of yet) downloaded the whole set of repair manual to provide the part numbers easily.

I doubt the dealer will charge you to find part numbers unless you end up taking technician time by having them hoist the thing to look at it.

That would just be a base diagnostic charge too probably if you deem it necessary.

3. C313

C313 New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Definitely did it's job that's forsure. I'm sure the hybrid cable would have been severely damaged which would have led me into a even worse situation. Just bummed considering it's my first new car, but I suppose it could have been worse. Nothing stays new forever

4. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Oh man, that stinks! My son-in-law ran over something pretty big in his old Corolla but it hit the right-front tire so, now he's having a pulsing on his brakes. (I think he bent his rim or somehow the impact effected his rotor, which isn't even 9 months old.)

It's always annoying for me to find what-the-heck a part is called by Toyota! . "Board, RR1, No1" Really Toyota?

Hopefully these parts are accurate....put your VIN to verify.

Floor Pan Splash Shield (Rear) | Part #5841506040 | Toyota Auto Parts

For the clips, I have a few boxes of assorted ones I go through to put plastic stuff back on....they break and fall off so often some of the aftermarket ones seem more durable than OEM. Trying to get my Toyota parts department to get the right clip has not gone very well...they are wrong most of the time.

Amazon.com: Car Retainer Clips, 415pcs Plastic Fasteners Kit with Fastener Remover, 18 Most Popular Sizes Auto Push Pin Rivets Set for Toyota, GM, Ford, Honda, Acura, Chrysler : Automotive

Amazon.com: UTSAUTO 675Pcs Car Retainer Clips Fender Clips Kit Fender Rivet Clips Fastener Rivet Clips Auto Push Pin Rivets Set for Toyota GM Ford Honda Acura Chrysler : Automotive

5. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Looks like 58165-47050 for the under cover. Not sure about the HV cover/protector. Would need to see a better picture to be certain. I'll put the part diagrams at the end of the post and maybe you can figure out exactly which one it is.

Under cover:
    58165-47050 - Cover, FR Floor, RH ($238.44 Lewis/$344.87 MSRP)
    Cover, FR Floor, RH
    Looks like the panel comes with almost all the clips you need to install it. It doesn't come with the screws, but you should be easily able to reuse your existing ones. It also needs two clips that aren't included. You'll probably be able to reuse your existing ones, but just in case, the part number is 90467-07220. They're only a buck twenty-eight each if you need them, so I'd go with the OEM ones instead of Amazon. The OEM ones tend to fit better and last longer.
    Clip | Part #9046707220 | Toyota Auto Parts

HV Cover: (possibles)
    82815-16050 - Cover, Wiring Harness Protector ($11.58/$16.25)
    Cover, Wiring Harness Protector
    82817-47W00 - Wiring Harness Protector ($45.47/$65.77)
    Wiring Harness Protector
    82817-47X00 - Wiring Harness Protector ($26.54/$38.39)
    Wiring Harness Protector
    82817-16660 - Wiring Harness Protector ($11.01/$15.92)
    Wiring Harness Protector

Attached Files:

#5 Hammersmith, Mar 11, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    Blackat and ColoradoBoo like this.
  6. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Sorry, but those are the sheet metal floor pans, not the plastic under covers. (I have spent waaaay too much time looking at part diagrams. lol)

ColoradoBoo likes this.