1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rancid: lie down, put feet up, drink this

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ghostofjk, Apr 30, 2006.

1. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Some may remember that Jennifer is a rabid Dallas Stars (hockey, people) fan. Or was it just that she's rabid...I can't remember...didn't take my meds again...

Some may also know that she's carrying a child destined to be the first (I think) ever to develop from gestation to birth under the loving, watchful eye of PriusChat. (Cripes, that's a lot of aunties and uncles.) So this is an especially inopportune time for Jennifer to suffer psychic jolts.

Since the Colorado Avalanche forechecked the Stars into oblivion (4 games to 1) today, I know Jennifer will be a little wobbly of knee and faint of heart. So I want to offer this bowl of PC chicken soup to her, and hope that hubby will fetch her favorite stuffed animal.

There, now, Jennifer, isn't that better? You just relax, now, and try not to think of those inconsiderate Dallas players, who probably never appreciated your support, anyway.

And Jennifer can take solace that YOUR SAN JOSE SHARKS are still in the playoff hunt, and are nicer guys, too. What's not to love about a team whose leading scorer is named Cheechoo, who was raised on whale blubber?

Thaaat's OK, Jennifer, you just cry some more and get it alllll out of your system. Those mean ol' players with no front teeth, anyway! Oops, careful there, don't cry directly over the soup, dear, I put just the right amount of salt in it for you and the baby.

2. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Jack! You are picking on a pregnant woman?!?! I thought better of you ;)

Don't care too much for Colorado so I am still rooting for a California Show but we will just need to wait and see.

PS; you should beware....in my last month of pregnancy everyone feared me!

3. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

Sorry- I don't think any city that doesn't get snow can have a real NHL team :D

4. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Wow, I thought Rancid would be all over this. Maybe she didn't see it!

*punt*

5. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 30 2006, 10:51 PM) [snapback]247771[/snapback]</div>

I Agree! :D

And I still consider the <strike>Minnesota North</strike> Dallas Stars a bunch of turncoats :p

6. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ Apr 30 2006, 08:14 PM) [snapback]247759[/snapback]</div>
    Hahahaha, LOL!! I know, it hurt, them going down like that. Especially after doing so well in the regular season. Oh, yeah. Detroit too. Actually, the top 4 seeded teams in the West to be thorough. Unfreaking believable. I am very disappointed in them for failing to show up for the series until, oh game 4.

And my San Jose Sharks?!?!? Where the heck did that come from?! They're one of my least favorite teams in the league. I personally despise all teams that are in the Pacific Division with the Stars. And the Red Wings, Avalanche, Sabres, and Devils (NJ only because they have so many former Stars and are doing so well with them~Langenbrunner, Marshall, Matvichuk). I do like all other teams, especially the Canadian teams.

But you know, as a longtime Stars fan (14 years now), I've learned to take the lows with the highs. The real high point being 99 of course. Allow me to reflect back for a moment...

Memories...
    [​IMG]
    ...from the corner of my mind...

I hope Edmonton-Carolina-Ottawa wins the cup this year. :)

7. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ May 4 2006, 11:53 AM) [snapback]249711[/snapback]</div>
    Having grown up in Montreal, I remain a true Habs fan even though I now live in Leafs territory. ;) Their elimination on Tuesday at the hands of Carolina was hard to take after winning the first two games, though they did play well in a tough series against the #2 team and future looks bright.

That said, it is really hard to believe that Jose Theodore actually got the Avs past the Stars after having watched his mediocre play in Montreal for many years (aside from 2001-2002), though I think the upset is attributed more to the poor play of Turco and his .868 SV% rather than Theodore doing extraordinarily well (.910 SV%). Sorry to see the Stars go. :(

Also, I can't believe how poorly Calgary came out in a Game 7 game on home ice against Anaheim. Wow...

Finally, with the top 4 out in the West, it looks like the East will have a better chance of taking it. Jersey is unstoppable right now, though I hope Ottawa can come through and bring the cup back to Canada for the first time in 13 years... :lol:

Kevin

8. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sarge @ May 4 2006, 10:39 AM) [snapback]249771[/snapback]</div>
    Out of all the teams still remaining, I can honestly say that Ottawa is by far my favorite. I've liked them for years...those years where they repeatedly finished last in the league? Yeah, I liked them then too. I felt bad for them at the time.

I was bummed too when I heard that Montreal lost out to Carolina. It would be fantastic if Edmonton and Ottawa played each other in the finals.

9. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Ottawa's MY favorite team, too!

YOUR SAN JOSE SHARKS (as our PA announcer persists in calling them) now have an even better chance of representing the West. An Ottawa-San Jose Final would kill me---not to mention being the least-watched sporting event in the history of television.

(Who carries the NHL now? Oxygen? :p )

Where's Peter Puck when you need him?

10. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ May 4 2006, 06:24 PM) [snapback]249986[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, I hate it when the announcers say that. I have to hear them talk about YOUR Miiiiiiigh-ty Ducks of Anaheimmmmmmm and the Kings and the Sharks and the Coyotes and the Canucks (well, didn't mind that last one quite so much). Bleh!!

The only times I really didn't mind it was when I heard YOUR Dal-las Stars!! for those 3 games at Reunion Arena. Got to meet and take a picture with StarMan, got a free Stars duffel bag. Those were good times.

11. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

How 'bout "YOUR Mighty Los Angeles Ducks of, er, Anaheim"? :p

It's SOOOO difficult to draw out tha last syllable of "Canucks" if you're an announcer. Try it.

YOUR Vancouverrrrrr Ca-NUCK-K-K-K-KS! :lol:

(Oops. Same for "Sharks".)

12. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ May 5 2006, 01:32 PM) [snapback]250452[/snapback]</div>
    Well for the Sharks they can say Sharrrrrrrrrrrrrks!! And really roll out the r's. And have Sharkey run around and get the crowd in a frenzy and start doing the stupid shark attack thing with their arms.