1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Random Play of MP3 Disks in JBL 6-Changer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by CerebralPaulie, Feb 8, 2007.

1. CerebralPaulie

CerebralPaulie Junior Member

Hello everybody.

According to the manual when you load regular audio CDs you can play a single disc at random, or by holding the button until it beeps, play all discs at random. The manual goes on to say that when you load MP3 CDs you can play a single FOLDER at random, or by holding the button until it beeps, play the entire DISC at random.

What I would like to do is to be able to play all six MP3 CDs at random. I realize that this will add time between songs as it changes discs, but there does not seem to be a mode that allows me to do this. Has anyone else attempted this? Is there a workaround?

2. ucsbgaucho

ucsbgaucho New Member

Don't think you can do that, unless maybe you only drag songs onto all of the CDs, and not separate folders (ie, only a root folder on each CD). Try that, maybe that'll work.

On a side note, I hate that when you have a CD on random and you press the steering wheel button to go to the next song, it literally goes to the next song, and not the next random song.

3. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I also don't think it's possible to randomize from MP3 disc to MP3 disc, only for single disc single folder and muti folder random. I also hate how it literally goes to the next track or song when you push next during random, that was the primary reason for a carputer if I ever decide to do one in the future, I haven't seen an MP3 program on a computer that doesn't have that feature.