1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Random Thoughts: Fri., 1/26

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Jack Kelly, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My best also to galaxee's DH, for what sounds like major pain...

Aunt Bee, would you consider posting a pic of your hot toesies and let US decide if the various cleavages are sexy?

Mr. biker, as a smoker, I've not only ridden my bike since turning 55, but started fast-walking 1.5 mi, 3-5 days/wk, at age 35, partly to counteract as much as possible the effects of smoking. Would I seem less anomalous if I guzzled beer in front of the TV, a la Homer?

I've always been fascinated by the fact that the phrase "I'm only human" is invariably used
    to refer to a selfish, stupid or otherwise non-commendable act. This bespeaks a negative view of "human nature", no? Why wouldn't we make the same observation about kind, intelligent, sensitive or other praiseworthy behavior??

From the buzz and reviews I've read, I can't wait to see "Pan's Labyrinth". Anyone see it? How about "Children of Men"? "The Departed"? Any other recommendations?

Just heard from my doc today about a simple swab test they can use to tell instantly if you indeed have the flu, or a cold or other non-flu malady. Am I the last to know?

Leterman? Leno? Kimmel? O'Brien? Someone else?

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    thanks. he's off work till monday, per the doctor's orders. hopefully that will help. oh yes, and the rx narcotics too. although i'm not a fan of him being back on those after all he's taken in the past few months.

random thoughts of today: onions don't make everyone cry... antibacterials are everywhere so one of these days we're just plain screwed... if you go somewhere with a bird on your shoulder it's gonna take you 4x longer to get your errands done than without the bird...

3. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

4. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Why is it that Fridays are often the busiest day at work, when you'd really just rather kick back and have an easy day?

galaxee, hope all goes well with DH. And how are you feeling after your cold?

I saw Children of Men the opening weekend and thought it was quite good. Though it painted a pretty bleak view of our future, to me it still gave a ray of hope. Without giving anything away, there is a powerful scene with warring soldiers that really got to me.

5. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jack Kelly @ Jan 26 2007, 01:10 AM) [snapback]381001[/snapback]</div>
    We do. "Humanitarian" efforts and gestures are always noble, and sometimes even heroic.

6. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The sandwich really is one of the greatest "inventions" of all time. IMO, of course.

7. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    All the best to your DH.

What word beginning with the letter 'A' is another term for the white of an egg?

8. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Jan 26 2007, 03:07 PM) [snapback]381252[/snapback]</div>
    Best wishes to DH as well.

2. Albumin

3. Can't recommend Pan's Labyrinth highly enough. Also Notes from a Scandal. Haven't seen Children of Men yet.

9. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

homemade french fries are teh AWESOME! even the meyers parrot thinks so, who is sitting in her cage making baby bird noises for more. Too bad I ate them all.

Its strange going from a high noise environment to silence, and living like that.

Leaving snow on your windshield is not a good idea, it melts into ice, and the ice freezes the wipers down, end result of this whole thing is the bf breaking and then feeling guilty about wipers.

The BF's mom is having serious health issues :( I love her to bits and cant do anything for her.

*sigh* ok, I'm done being random.

10. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The local forecast for the next week has nothing but sunny little icons. That hasn't happened since maybe September. If I can get my work done on Saturday, I'm going for a bike ride! Yay! :) :)

11. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've noticed a trend on the local news coverage--they're starting to show more positive, uplifting stories and less back-back stories on violent topics. Nashville is getting more violent and crime ridden every day. I think they should give more publicity to the good.

Maybe this summer I'll post the toe-cleavage pics.