1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Random thoughts: Thur, 1/25

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Jack Ack, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Jack Ack

Jack Ack New Member

We should impeach Cheney first; he's far scarier than Bush ("things arenot terrible in Iraq", as told to Wolf Blitzer yesterday, but not worth a whole thread)

Driest winter in recorded history: Global Drying?

Do almost all women think it's a good thing to show cleavage?

I think that the Prius touched off, or at least greatly accelerated, a revolution in fuel efficiency that now has so many players that in 10 years Toyota's original accomplishment will have been greatly overshadowed and nearly forgotten.

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Son of Squid @ Jan 25 2007, 01:23 PM) [snapback]380670[/snapback]</div>
    outlaw spanking first

Women will do what they want - you want to outlaw showing "cleavage" - maybe if you do there will less need for r v wade :rolleyes:

i think the marketplace is responsible for stuff - toyota just called it best to date. being rewarded with HUGE PROFITS for doing so - nothing altruistic about this at all - all $ driven - like everything else. Profit incentive is the most powerful tool in determining behavoir - personal and corporate.

3. Schmika

Schmika New Member

In the spirit of the title.....

Why in the world would a smoker buy organic, or an obese person buy McDonalds anda "diet coke".

What is appealing about looking at a Playboy magazine, even the centerfold is flat and is only about 18" tall.

Why would my ex-wife consult with a pre-med student to question the ER doctor's diagnosis to remove my daughters appendix AFTER it is already a done deal?

4. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Son of Squid @ Jan 25 2007, 01:23 PM) [snapback]380670[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know about women, but I'd wager most straight men think it's a good idea for women to show cleavage.
    :p

5. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The women that have cleave probably think it's a great idea, the rest, not so much.

6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    random thoughts today:

why do people think they have the right to regulate traffic flow?

am i ever, EVER gonna graduate? (plot twist in my thesis "story")

we damaged a part of our bedroom set and since they discontinued it and can't give us a replacement part, we're getting a whole new set. (talk about that warranty being worth the money!) and i'm actually *upset* about this free new bedroom set because i like what we have and don't want to have to find something new. and it'll be a pain to deal with.

and lastly, send good wishes for DH... he's in the middle of a very painful reaction to an epidural steroid shot.

7. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What if buildings were designed to produce more energy than they consume?

What if zoning required housing, shopping, and work all within walking distance?

(and best wishes and a speedy recovery for Galaxee's Dear Hubby)

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Son of Squid @ Jan 25 2007, 10:23 AM) [snapback]380670[/snapback]</div>
    No. Most of the women I see are not showing cleavage. But when the pretty ones do, I have no objection.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Jan 25 2007, 10:44 AM) [snapback]380690[/snapback]</div>
    Because she's angry at you for having become a Christian and afraid that you will brainwash your daughter into your "evil cult." :D (The quotes intending to represent the presumed view of your ex, and not my own value judgement. :rolleyes: )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Jan 25 2007, 11:32 AM) [snapback]380717[/snapback]</div>
    So THAT'S what "DH" stands for!?!

(And I also wish him a speedy recovery.)

9. chimohio

chimohio New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Jan 25 2007, 01:44 PM) [snapback]380690[/snapback]</div>
    Along the same line why would a smoker ride a bicycle.

Why have 108 members read this post (as of now) and only 9 added to it?
    Why does red mean stop and green means go?

10. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have really sexy toe cleavage. Don't laugh! Toe cleavage is highly underrated.

11. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Why is it that we know smoking kills, but people light up anyway? Would they also take a loaded gun to their head and pull the trigger? It's the same thing. Only slower.

Why is it that you are the only one to obey the ten items and less line, and when other people abuse it, and you point that out to them, they act like you are the rude person?

Why did I hear Andy Rooney's voice in my head when I did this post? Is it because he does this sort of sctick?

12. Prius313

Prius313 Member

Why does our nose run and our feet smell?