1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

RANT: Charles Maund Toyota Austin - stay away!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by nawlinsprius, Mar 20, 2010.

1. nawlinsprius

nawlinsprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Here is a description of the events that led me to have a bitter taste about this dealership, and that reflect badly on Toyota Corp. too:

1. In 2008 I went to Charles Maund Toyota of Austin, and requested an oil change and a tire rotation (the standard scheduled 5000 mile service) on my then brand new Toyota Prius.

2. After about an hour, I received the car back, told the requested service was done, paid for the service using my credit card, and left. The invoice states the service was performed by someone named Don Silver.

3. Later that day, I discovered that the tire rotation was not done. What prompted me to notice that was that of the 4 wheels, the passenger rear, was the only one that had a scratch, that I know I had done on that wheel a week earlier myself, and know the wheel was in that position. The scratched wheel was still in the same passenger rear position so no tire rotation was done.

4. The following day I returned (on my way out of Austin, returning to New Orleans) to Maund Toyota and asked to speak to the same manager (Mr. Danny Smith) that was there the day the service was (supposedly) performed. He came out, I told him that I think they did not perform the tire rotation and how I know about that, and he was very apologetic and agreed that the service was not performed, then offered to issue a credit or do the tire rotation right then. I refused since I was on my 500mile trip back home and had no time, and agreed to receiving a credit.

5. I then asked, since they lied about performing the tire rotation, how do I know they did the oil change, since I don’t want to be driving 10000 miles instead of 5000 on the same oil with my brand new car. He showed me the oil on the dipstick, station that it was clean. I disagreed, saying that it was not perfectly clean and that on a new car after the first oil change there shouldn’t be much discoloration anyway. He apologized, and said they will make it up by either redoing the service or giving me a credit.

6. The dealership did not issue the credit then or at least did not give me a receipt for the credit, and I assumed that it will show on my credit card statement. It did not.

7. In addition, although not related to this credit claim, my car has a big dent on the driver’s side rear door and quarter-panel, that appeared during the 1 hour the dealership had my car in their possession for service (service that was not performed) for which Charles Maund Toyota declined responsibility, and for which I have instructed my insurance company to litigate.

conclusion: when in Austin, stay away from Charles Maund Toyota! :target:

this is about it, thought I share with priuschat.
    Moderator: if this is inappropriate, please fell free to move my post.

:hurt:

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just curious, why are you just posting this now if it happened in 2008?

3. nawlinsprius

nawlinsprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    had a very busy 08 and 09... also i had the whole thing already in a letter i sent to toyota, bbb and my credit card company, just had to copy-paste.
    did i mention i got no reply from toyota about this? maybe now is the time for them to take complaints more seriously.

4. chuckknight

chuckknight New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    First off, thank you for posting your experiences. It is possible they will be helpful to someone on the forum.

But, given that you waited 2 years to complain about your treatment to the dealership and to the BBB, I would question the results you are likely to get. It is more likely that you will be laughed out of their office. Sorry...but, busy or not, there is a component of *time* involved.

Good luck on getting satisfaction.

Chuck

5. nawlinsprius

nawlinsprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have complained to the delareship, Toyota Corp, BBB and my bank a few weeks after the incident. I just posted here now since I just started posting here now. I did get a refund for the charges but had to pay to fix the damage myself... almost 1k...

i posted this here to warn people in austin (where i was just a visitor) to stay away from these losers.

btw, i was encouraged to post this now since a mazda dealership in new orleans - who ruined my wife's miata - just closed for good... i like to think my posts and complaints about it had contributed.