1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rarer than hen's teeth -- Tourig PKG 3

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jendbbay, Feb 7, 2008.

1. jendbbay

jendbbay Member

My first Prius was a Pkg 3, Touring Edition. They don't sell these in northern CA, but in the LA region there may be PKG 2, Touring Edition. This 2 pkg omits important CD and JBL radio features, so I am looking for anyone who has bought a Touring 3 pkg in recent weeks/months. Where did you find it? How much did you pay? Here in the San Francisco Bay Area, we can get the Touring Pkg 6, but I am not able to go up 3K in my price.

I wrecked my 2007 Touring by having seizure and driving it with my family in it staight into a pole. All are okay except my trashed leg and my troubled future -- seizures don't come on for the first time in a 50 plus year old for no reason.

I am offered 22K to replace the totaled car, and am willing to put in 3K more, for a total of 25k. Unfortunately, I can't find any of these cars.

I was told by prius chatter to go to Costco buyers club, but they don't go get cars from far away, they just get you a price break from local dealer.

I hope I can get some info here. We miss our Prius. I want to get a new one and baby it like the last, using only Mobil 1 Synthetic oil. If I were to find a 2007 somewhere, can I start using Mobil one in it after it has 15 or 20 K miles on it?

Thanks

Jen, former owner of a 2007, Seaside Pearl Touring, average MPG 50! over 26 k miles of driving.

2. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    jendbbay,

There are Touring Package 3's available in our area, Tulsa, Oklahoma. Go to Jim Norton Toyota dealership website and checkout the new cars section.

3. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Touring 3s show up here in Nebraska as well.

4. mountjonas

mountjonas New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    When we bought ours, I was told that for the LA region, 2008 tourings only come in a package 6.