1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rather have my Prius than anything else

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by mglindsey, Apr 20, 2008.

1. mglindsey

mglindsey New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi Everyone
    How excited I am to have stumbled upon this excellent forum - feeling kinda stupid I didn't know it existed until now!

I have owned my Pkg #4 Prius since September 8, 2007. After doing extensive research on it I took the leap and have never looked back since! I simply love my car! Now, I thought I had a real love for some of my past cars (among them: '84 Pontiac Transam; '90 Honda Accord; '02 GMC Envoy - still have this nice machine which further illustrates my confliction!). BUT, nothing is better than the joy I experience every day I climb into the Prius for my long commute.

Things I love most about my Prius: saving MONEY, quiet ride, Bluetooth for my phone; listening to my iPod, did I say saving MONEY?). I drive 184 miles/day for my commute - I know this sounds crazy, but I am a school teacher in the Madison, Wisconsin area who fell in love with my soon to be wife who lives in Milwaukee area. She owned her house and I was renting so it just made more sense to move there - plus I didn't want her driving too far each day. Good teaching jobs are hard to find and I have seniority - which in this hard economic climate is security against a layoff. Anyway... I drive a long way and my Prius makes it somewhat enjoyable. In fact, I can't imagine not having my Prius.

I love my car and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I feel my car is the perfect extension of who I am as a person. Anyway... if you too drive a long way every day - tell me about it.

Have a great day everyone (it's finally tolerable again in Wisconsin after a MISERABLE winter, and my mileage is going up, up UP! What's not to like about that with petro at $3.60+?)

2. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Welcome to PriusChat. I glad that you are so in love with your car! I hope that you find lots of information on the site. Thought about posting any pictures of you car?

3. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Fortunately, many stumble across the User-Guide early on. That helps to keep the misconceptions down.

The excitement never really deminishes. After years of enjoyment, you begin planning the purchase of a next generation model. Then it begins all over again.

4. mglindsey

mglindsey New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    maybe this weekend!

5. Brodie

Brodie New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat! I too am in love with my Prius, although my commute is a measly 14 miles. Not sure what grade you teach but hopefully you can teach your students about the marvels of the Prius!

6. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  7. dojoandme

dojoandme New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    that is so great!!!!

i also once had a long commute...1/2 yours but i am sure the madison, wis. commute is nothing like la/oc california traffic. i did however jump on the carpool lane, even though i did not have the stickers; only to have been stopped once, and the peace officer let me go, since he did not know the citation to write me up on. but the drive was still amazing whizzing through passing up all the other 5*lux cars which here in los angeles seem to prefer the status of the car than the quality of the car.

my wife and i traded both of our pckg 5,2005 prius' in just this month for pckg 6,2008 prius'. and we are loving them even more. i have totally limo'd all the windows, which i roll down quick enough when i spot black and whites around me; but cool enough. and my wife had hers pimp'd out with 17" rims and sportier rims. we're rockin' it!!!

well since, i have left the corp. job with the drive to return to something only 14 miles away from where we live in los angeles. i love that i only gas up about twice a month.

take it easy.
    dojoandme