1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rattle - driver side seat belt

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Lcruiser, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Lcruiser

Lcruiser Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]All, I just got a brand spanking new SuperWhite Package #2. Love it!!! [/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I have been hearing rattle noise coming around from driver side seat belt retractable. Since its so close to my left ear, it's driving me nut. :mad: Help. I adjusted my seat belt many times, and bang it around a few times. No luck...[/FONT]

2. Pinan

Pinan Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've had the same annoying little "tick" coming from there. I took it apart (easy) and put some little round felt stickies under the sliding panel. That did it for me.

3. Lcruiser

Lcruiser Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Can you tell me a few directions? :)

4. Pinan

Pinan Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sure...let's see. Open both front and rear doors, and pull off the door seal from the upper corners to about half way down, only on the seat belt side of each door. Grab the top of the seatbelt cover and slide it to the right, toward the front of the car. The clip that holds it in works side to side, but only one way...you'll see it. After it's detached from the top, pull it out a few inches and you'll see to bolts holding it in at the bottom. Take those out (10mm) and that's it....I think. Then just stick one round-felt sticky things behind the top and bottom of the part that slides up and down. Re-assemble. Doing this gives the sliding part no room to rattle.

Man. Reading this makes me sound like I'm on something, LOL! As you do it it will make sense. :)

~~~
    Adding this: Note that you should slide the slider all the way to each end before sticking on the felt thing. Once slid, lift up an edge and stick it under the edge, on both ends. This way, if you adjust the seatbelt later, it wont hit the edge of the felt, or knock it off. Once again, it should make sense once you're in there.

I swear I'm not on anything....