1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

rattle in right front A pillar 2007 Touring

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by kdxzknight, Dec 14, 2006.

1. kdxzknight

kdxzknight New Member

Has anyone experienced a rattle coming from the front right A pillar? It seems to be the air bag curtian rattling inside (or so it seems). Local Toyoata dealers have no info and it happens intermittently. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced it or had a solution. I believe when you press against the A pillar it goes away. Again it will always come back..

2. Mr07touring

Mr07touring New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I too had a rattle coming from the passenger side, 07 touring - 2500 miles. I emptied glove boxes, door pocket, still rattled usu. at low speed, a quiet buzz really, intermittent - after tapping on things while parked - I think it comes from the plastic below the small windows or/and the cover of the front pillar over the side air bag. Stuck a toothpick in the gap of those two plastic covers then and it seemed to go away. If it stays away, I'll replace the toothpick (round one ) with something more permanent or maybe not. :D

SFO likes this.
  3. kdxzknight

kdxzknight New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr07Touring @ Dec 15 2006, 12:13 AM) [snapback]362628[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the info. I will try the idea.