1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rattles

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by cubchan, Nov 11, 2012.

1. cubchan

cubchan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm going on 6 months of having my Prius C and I'm right around 12000 miles.

Up until recently, the only rattles I have heard have been from not properly storing my seatbelts or from just having too much junk in my car. There's been one other rattle that took a while for me to find but it is on the ceiling on the driver's side of the moonroof. Pressing against the plastic is enough to make it go away so I'm sure it's an easy fix.

Anybody else have this problem or other rattles that have come up?

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As colder weather sets in, expect to hear more rattles. Tires become less pliable and pavement less flexible. Combined with plastics getting harder and shrinking the winter generally means more rattles. :)

3. jj547

jj547 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I started experiencing a really TERRIBLE rattle yesterday which seemed to be coming from the left side of the dashboard, but it was hard for me to pinpoint it. I was getting really anxious about having such a horrible sounding rattle this early in the car's life. It sounded as if I had left some coins in the small compartment above the steering column whenever there was a lot of bass coming from the radio, but there was nothing in there. I finally found the source of the rattle and it turned out to be coming from my garage opener that's clipped to my sun visor! My solution was to just leave the visor unhooked, but still fully folded upwards and it stopped the rattling :) I'm so glad I fixed that lol.

4. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I have a few pretty bad rattles (7 months, 4500 miles). There's a piece of foam coming out from between the windshield and the dash, and I'm hoping getting that fixed will reduce the rattles...but who knows. There's one that comes from the passenger door, but only when someone is sitting in the passenger seat, which I find odd... I do wonder if going over 20+ speed bumps every day has made it worse than it would be otherwise.

5. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

Yeah I've been hearing rattles too form the passenger side I pretty convinced its the glove box So I just push it up and some of the rattles quit.