1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rattling Cabin - Lets put it to bed!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by IrishPrius, Feb 11, 2010.

1. IrishPrius

IrishPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Came from so called premium German brand. Absolutely love the Prius(Gen III). The cabin rattles so much! keep my cars for about 2 years and move on, but with these rattles will change very soon. Can we start a thread where we dont tell of rattles, but only describe here of rattles we had and how we cured them. All the other threads come to a dead end! Moderators, could you please get some tech feedback from Toyota etc as to how to cure most rattles. They are ruining this fantastic car. This fault is so serious it might be used as the next GM propaganda against Toyota.

2. LRKingII

LRKingII New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The only rattle i have in my 2010 goes away when the wife falls asleep on trips. :D

3. IrishPrius

IrishPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hows your rattle?
    Please only post if you have a fix for one of the many, many rattles and how it was cured.
    Wifes/Girlfriends are exempt as these rattles have no cure.
    Tanx.

4. azgringo

azgringo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Like many nuances with this car, some people experience them and others don't. I have 14,000 miles so far and no rattles whatsoever. I love my Prius, but I don't like the inconsistent issues that pop up from one car to another. Oh well. Still getting 50+ MPG!

5. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think more people need to find the rattles and tell the dealers. Like the console rattle i think there is a fix for it now. If they get alot of complants they will come out with a fix.

So my sugestion is for more people to tell their dealers about the rattles they hear.

6. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five