1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rattling Sound at ICE idle, goes away at higher rpm : Solved

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Ilikesilvercars, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Ilikesilvercars

Ilikesilvercars Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was experiencing a slight under hood rattle when ever the ICE would kick in at approximately idle. It would go away if the pedal was depressed beyond the point that the eco light would go off. After scouring the internet, no good answer came up. So I checked under the hood just to see what was going on. Simplest fix ever, the stick that props the hood open had become unsecured. Snapped it back into place and voila, back to normal.

telmo744 likes this.
  2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I cannot help but ask a dumb question, you had a rattle under the hood and you scoured the internet before you opened the hood ? :)

edthefox5 likes this.
  3. Ilikesilvercars

Ilikesilvercars Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well... sometimes when you get home, it is in the nick of time if you know what I mean, so you must rush in to take care of business. Since I was sitting there, I figured why waste the time when I could be looking for an answer.

afob3 likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i know exactly what you mean.;)