1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rav4 pending purchase

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by taggart, Jan 29, 2010.

1. taggart

taggart Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Not sure if anyone is interested, but..........

On Monday, January 25th, we agreed to purchase a 2010 Rav4. The Rav was still being built and was scheduled to arrive Feb 3rd or 4th. It was slated for another dealer, so my dealeer had to trade for it. On Tuesday, he called me and told me that he had completed the trade and the Rav would arrive as planned.

I think I got a decent deal. $100 over invoice, $1,000 graduation rebate (my son just graduated last May) and 0/36 financing, which will save us over $2,100 in interest. Gotta pay it off in 3 years, but it's something we can handle.

On Tuesday evening I read about the accelerator pedal issue and immediately called my salesman to find out if the car would be held up or sold to me. He said he would have to get back with me on Wednesday. The 0/36 financing option ends on Feb 5th, so I was also concerned about that.

He called me on Wednesday and said that the Rav would be sold to me, but they will fix the pedal issue before releasing it to me. This might delay the sale 2-3 days. I asked about the financing and whether or not they would still do it on this vehicle. He talked to the powers that be at Toyota and they said they will in fact honor the financing agreement.

I spoke with him yesterday and everything is still on track. I asked how they were going to fix the accelerator pedal and he said he didn't know. I'm not sure Toyota has decided on the repair procedure.

That's everything I know right now. I believe that Toyota will probably be offering some great deals in the coming months to repair their reputation. We talked about waiting for that to happen, but unfortunately we need a car now.

I'll let you know what happens if anyone is interested. We are supposed to close the deal next week.

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sounds like you got a good deal and a good dealer. Hope all goes well with your purchase keep us posted.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds good. Glad to hear that the dealer and Toyota are following through.