1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

rch10007 - Columbus, OH

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by rch10007, Apr 18, 2009.

1. rch10007

rch10007 Dotted Quad Ranger

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hello all!

I wanted to wait and introduce myself when I had my new Prius but it seems like the dealerships in my area like to have 25 of them on their lot, so here's my intro...

I know they are cute and all, but sheesh... They're not car lot jewelry!

Here's what I'm up against.

Specs: 2009 Toyota Prius Package 6 (fully loaded)

Dealership 1: offered $22,500 - they couldn't go below $24,900
    Dealership 2: offered $23,600 - they couldn't go below $25,400

Is Consumer Reports that far off or am I missing something? Neither wanted to be bothered with my trade in... I even told both I would let them finance me!

Oh well, I'm running out of dealerships here in central Ohio with a white/beige package 6.

I was really looking forward to posting up some new 18"ers in the Mod section...

2. nascrlvr

nascrlvr nascrlvr

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    rch10007......sounds crazy, doesn't it??? You've got money; they've got cars and they don't want to sell. Have you tried internet sales with any of the other dealers in your area. I am originally from OH, so I know you are in the Columbus area. That's how I bought mine here in Baton Rouge.....did everything on line, got my out-the-door price and then went to the dealership. Good luck!! Welcome to PC. It's a mecca of information from really good people....and fun too!!

3. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome To PC!!
    I used to live in Gahanna....

4. rch10007

rch10007 Dotted Quad Ranger

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Thanks guys! Seems strange to me. They had a sell sitting right there on the other side of the desk. I even told them that. I also told them the price I was willing to pay. I guess they thought I would cave into what they wanted. Hah! This isn't the Fed... I don't waste my cash nor do I have a machine to print more whenever I feel like it!