1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ready to buy 2007 Package #2

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by mygsdsni, Jun 7, 2007.

1. mygsdsni

mygsdsni New Member

Hopefully next time I write I will be an actual owner.

I left a deposit for a dealer to look for a 2007 package #2. After getting home I ordered consumer reports invoice and find the dealer price to be much higher.

Can anyone tell me if this is right, or if I need to get my deposit back. Has anyone had a recent better deal somewhere?

According to consumers invoice is 21,113 for package#2

Dealer wrote up sale for me at 22,995

Thanks for your help,
    Kristin

2. nytimez

nytimez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mygsdsni @ Jun 7 2007, 08:43 PM) [snapback]457707[/snapback]</div>
    It's really a matter of where you live and what's available in your area versus the demand. I have a deposit down on mine, also on Long Island - I have a deal for $22,300 - plus tax and state fees. I had a deal for $22K even, but the dealer told me he didn't know when I'd have a car, so I went with the slightly higher price.

3. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mygsdsni @ Jun 7 2007, 08:43 PM) [snapback]457707[/snapback]</div>
    Unfortunately dealer pricing varies from location to location, I know that last year some dealers wanted a 2 or 2.5 k above dealer costs because they have the car in stock, the one you wanted.

My best advise is, shop around, do some internet hopping, if you have to travel a little bet to save some bucks........do it.

One of our members picked-up his car in Jersey at a good price last year and he lives in Lindenhurst.

My 0.02 cents

4. unknownone

unknownone Junior Member

I just bought my 2007 Prius option #2 with add on alarm for $23,139 before taxes and the registration fees and stuff. I bought it from Queensboro Toyota in Queens, NY. I had to wait 2 weeks to get it. I took delivery on it on Tuesday. So if you get it for $22,995; it's a fair deal. BTW, they had to get my Prius from Morristown Toyota in Long Island. Is that where you place the deposit?

So you may as well get the car and enjoy it; waiting and haggling on a better deal will drive you crazy. 2weeks of waiting because I didn't want to pay for the nl package was placing me on edge. I'm fine now :) Now I just worry about those evil pigeons that seem to love to leave "gifts" on my car. :-(

Good Luck!

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(unknownone @ Jun 7 2007, 09:48 PM) [snapback]457769[/snapback]</div>
    Better than goose crap. :angry: