1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ready to buy a Prius, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by livininspirit, Apr 21, 2008.

1. livininspirit

livininspirit New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hey Guys, I'm ready to buy a Prius this week... either a package 2 or 5, depends on what pricing I can get.
    I need suggestions on which dealership or which salesman you guys had good experience with and gave you good deals.

Thanks!

2. beach247

beach247 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Go to New Car Prices, Used Car Pricing, Car Reviews by Edmunds Car Buying Guide and get several quotes from dealers in your area and within SoCal.

Use this as a bargaining tool to get the best deal. Don't rush like I did. I could have saved another $799.

The best deal I could have gotten was Toyota Simi Valley (Russ Monteath 805-526-7500). On the package 6, he quoted me $1,099 below the invoice. He was late by a couple of hours since I had already gotten one from Hamer Toyota at $300 below invoice.

Toyota Santa Monica was also very aggressive with their pricing.

From several posts, you'll see that the dealers in Northern California give out better deals. Try Concord and Palo Alto.

Good luck!

3. spf

spf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I bought a pkg 2 in early March using the edmunds.com website to email about 20 dealers here in southern cal. The lowest price was here in San Diego (Toyota of El Cajon), which responded within minutes with $21,809 before tax/license. I received about four other offers ranging from 22,200 to 22900.

4. spf

spf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

On a side note, I believe the invoice on the pkg 2 in early March was 23,300 or thereabouts, so I got the car at about $1500 below invoice.

5. KandyRedCoi

KandyRedCoi S is for Super!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    in Socal tustin toyota from my experience had the best prices, you may want to check them out

in Norcal, ive read a lot of people getting great deals from Concord Toyota
    if you dont mind the drive, it may be worth it

:)

6. lindaparky

lindaparky New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Check the craigslist in your area or the bay area like I did and see what is coming in, put your depoist down and it will be sooner than you think...... we found just what we were looking for, the first day it was posted by its internet salesman......a spectra blue touring with package 6.:usa2:

7. PRIUS MAN

PRIUS MAN New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I dont mean to be a sales person but I kinda am one.. haha. My dealer has a large selection of Prius' right now. I can help make sure you dont pay over msrp if you plan on a new one. good luck!