1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ready to ditch v8's and turbo's for a Prius :)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by itommytang, Jan 22, 2014.

1. itommytang

itommytang Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have been into high performance cars forever. I have owned in the past a Honda S2000, multiple Nissan 240sx, Nissan 350z, and Mitsubishi Evolution. Not that I'm ready to leave racing and high performance cars completely behind, I'll have my track car still, but ditching my BMW x5 4.8 which is my daily for a Prius. I got the chance to spend a few days in a buddies Prius which made me fall in love with everything about owning a Prius.

I have been doing a lot of lurking around PC, google, and general shopping and think I know what I want. I know that I want a 2010+, either black or white exterior color, leather, and base stereo system(going to install appradio). My question is, was white with black leather interior an option for 2010+? I have seen a few black/black, but have yet to see white/black.

PriusGuy32 and spiderman like this.
  2. mrstop

mrstop PWR Mode

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't think black interior has ever been an option. Generally there is beige and shades of gray (light or dark).

Good luck with your search. There are many of us here that are "slightly reformed" gearheads.

snead_c likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat, all the best in your hunt!(y)

4. Robert Holt

Robert Holt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Good hunting!
    Prii have low depreciation which translates to high used car prices, so when we found the last new 2012 hatchback on a Toyota dealers lot in February 2013, he was getting rid of it for $20,800 and we picked it up as it was a level 3 trim and had what we wanted. Might happen in your area in the next few weeks. Just saying.

5. Fore

Fore Don't look back!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

Low depreciation my nice person! Wait till you have it 3 to 4 years. My 2007 Tacoma truck I traded in for this 2010 Prius went up in value. My 2010 Prius went down 4k+ from when I bought it, and I bought it used.

6. mediahound

mediahound Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm into motorsports as much as anyone but I hate the oil companies probably more than most.

I got sick of paying them for premium gas the last 20 years in all the performance cars I had previously.

I don't feel I have sacrificed much in getting the Prius, especially with the Prius Plus mods, (which make it handle amazingly), yet I gained a lot. It's plenty fast in Power mode, yet I can get nearly 50 MPG when I went to. Even without trying, I get 44 MPG.

Dylan Doxey likes this.
  7. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

8. tv4fish

tv4fish Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You just may not want to use your area of Virginia as the "gospel" for the entire world. What Mr. Holt stated is more the "rule" rather than the exception.

9. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you want white with black leather, you might be better off buying a level two or three and adding aftermarket leather...

10. Fore

Fore Don't look back!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You just may not want to use your area of Virginia as the "gospel" for the entire world. What Mr. Holt stated is more the "rule" rather than the exception.

Well Exxxxxxxxxxcuse Meeeeeeeeeeee!

11. Mr.Electric

Mr.Electric Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Nice to see people get into fuel economy. Welcome to Prius chat! I am a car lover and have owned many different makes and models. I found the 2010 + were reasonably priced once you get one with over 50k miles. I am looking forward to getting my hands dirty repairing my prius so I was not concerned about higher mileage. I got my 2010 level 4 with sunroof and leather for $17.5k with 65k miles. So far no mechanical issues whatsoever. I have changed the wheels to 17" and put on new struts. I just programmed an extra key yesterday. I am getting the chance to work on the car a bit. It is nice getting 44 mpg on a tank driving in power mode with summer tires.

Dylan Doxey likes this.
  12. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Only Black seat material on Prius liftback was in the Persona models for 2012, 2013, but it's imitation leather called Softex (not vinyl, it's thermoplastic urethane and is better than vinyl). They don't have Persona for 2014. All others are light Gray (Misty Gray), dark Gray or light Tan (Bisque).

Persona would probably be right one for you. Exteriors came in black, white (Blizzard Pearl) and Black Cherry.

Can probably find a Prius with Black leather. Katzkin is a very good brand for re-upholstery. OEMs use them all the time.

Car Leather Upholstery | Custom Auto Leather Interiors by Katzkin

13. mypriuscious

mypriuscious Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I bought mine used and it was black interior. But I believe it was installed aftermarket.

14. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    When I sold my Prius I lost over 42% from what I paid for the car. I find that pretty steep and this was in Southern California, so the Virginian has company.

15. Mr.Electric

Mr.Electric Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I like to buy used cars when the price drops to 50% of the new car price. Was it about 3 years old and 50k miles when you sold it?

16. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    2 fand 1/2 years old and 34k miles, the buyer got a good deal.

17. Mr.Electric

Mr.Electric Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Mine was 3 years old 65k miles just about half price from new price.

18. Fore

Fore Don't look back!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Stinks doesn't it!!! Can somebody explain to me why a 2007 Tacoma Truck I traded in for $18.5k with 85k miles on it two years ago is now worth 20k? My 2010 Prius I bought used for 18.5k OTD is worthless to try and sell now if I want to take a 4k to 5k hit.

Ironically I bought this Prius to save money in the long run, but I'm not so sure now with a 4k depreciation already on a used purchase and a potential 1.5k to 3k hybrid battery to replace down the line. Yes, I know supply and demand is causing this and hicks love their trucks! But seriously think about it, is really best to hold on to a fast depreciating vehicle?

19. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Per KBB, my '12 Ridgeline is worth more now than it was 6 months ago and my Prius is worth $4K less. That doesn't mean I'm going to make any vehicle changes, or not, based on those figures only. Even with the boost in domestic oil production, the government is likely to inflate the cost of gasoline to encourage the production and purchase of high MPG vehicles. As for the battery, I think it's a non-issue given the general reliability posted here for Prii that aren't in taxi service.

20. pfour2131

pfour2131 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four

its a great option to add a prius to your garage if you can but for taking the wife out alternatives are great and help keep you both young!