1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

REALLY ANNOYED with 3 Trim Audio options, rip off

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Steve71, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Steve71

Steve71 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have been pretty disappointed with the level of integration of my Iphone 4s when it comes to audio streaming.

I looked at the toyota website and did a comparison of audio streaming features available on the following

Toyota.com - Connect

a) Display with no navigation - cheaper two trim option
    b) Display with navigation and ENTUNE - three trim option
    c) HDD display with navigation and ENTUNE - Five trim option.

Now call me stupid for not researching in more detail, but I would have thought option b) would have the same or better audio streaming options than the two option. But NO. Looking at the toyota website, the cheaper a) option has 13 features which are not available in the b). And its has the same level of audio features as the much more expensive c).

I dont particularly care about navigation. I bought the expensive trim mainly on the basis that ENtune in the three trim would mean a better experience than the two.

How wrong i was and I feel totally ripped off. It seems all entune is a bunch of lousy apps that i will never probably use.

Mad.

2. DoPeY5007

DoPeY5007 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    entune needs a lot of work, but it is the iPhone that is your problem. They do not play well with most cars

3. Steve71

Steve71 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Not really, go to the toyota website and compare the audio streaming options for an iphone on all three systems. As I said, Option a) with an IPHONE and option c) with an IPHONE has 13 more streaming features than the b). Why is that?

What is the point in option b) if it is less featured than a)

4. DoPeY5007

DoPeY5007 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I think the C's max is option B, and my Android works just fine. USB audio or BT Audio

5. Steve71

Steve71 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    wel obviously there are some audio features missing form option b) that the cheaper head without Entune has and the more expensive c) head with Entune does have. That is direct form Toyotas official web site if you go through options to compare features.

Paying 800 extra for some crappy apps is pointless. Its seems like a cheap way of getting people to invest in Entune thinking they are getting a better deal when in reality its less specced for 800 bucks more.

6. Steve71

Steve71 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    they probably cheaped out on installing RAM in the b) option vs c), hence the limited audio streaming features available. Still no reason why a) is better specced in the lower trim

7. DoPeY5007

DoPeY5007 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I do agree entune is not worth it at all. I am hoping someone will flash it with an Android OS soon

8. Steve71

Steve71 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    So, i just checked it again, and yes, i cannot even browse for albums or songs on the unit. What a piece of crap. Why do i get less features than this for a head which is more expensive than the base model!!!!!

9. Steve71

Steve71 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    cannot browse playlists, albums or other. What a piece of shit to be fair

10. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    When I was shopping, I sampled the trim level I was going to buy on my test drive and assured myself that it was what I expected and that it did the things I wanted with my specific phone and OS revision (not particularly current) and apps. My salesman paired my phone with the car I was sampling and went through a demo of the apps with my phone and functions native to the Entune. Since I don't buy into any of the ecosystems that Apple, Google or Amazon provide, I wasn't looking for that functionality. But I did a test of the functions I cared about. I don't trust product literature, only the product itself and my experience.

What will challenge all auto makers is the ten year plus use life of the cars and the much faster evolution and replacement cycle of the devices we want to work in and with our cars. But I have to remind myself how often handset makers obsolete their own products and I don't expect much beyond map updates over my ownership experience for the Entune. I don't expect them to update the support to the latest Droid/iPhone rev level. They want to sell you the next car, not support your purchase of the next portable device from someone else on an infotainment system they will have replaced in 12 months. Entune beats the heck out of the system they had in the '11 Avalon for what it is worth.

11. Steve71

Steve71 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    My point still stands. Why doe the cheaper two trim have more advanced bt options identical to the atp package in the five trim that the three trim doesn't. Basically you are paying 800 buks for 8 crappy apps and navigation which os worse than my iphones. Rip off. These advanced features aren't even advanced. If u cant browse a playlist then what the hell is the point? Awful system