1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear 12 Volt Power Recepticle AND Under Seat Clips

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by WD0AFQ, Aug 17, 2012.

1. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    This is about as non technical as it gets but did not know where to ask. I just installed a 12 volt cigar plug in the front of the rear seat, close to the 12 volt battery. I need 12 volts with the key off. May be one of many I install. Now, are these little push in and pull out "clips" only good for one time use? There are two in the panel that I mounted the plug into. Someone on the forum told me how to get them out, easy enough. Now, how do I get them back in? I have lost the center punch on one already. It fell all the way though and now lives in the seat frame forever. Are these things available anywhere besides the Toyota parts desk? I have never seen these things before.
    Thanks,
    Dan

2. JLee81

JLee81 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    If you push the center pin back through so it sticks out the opposite way you will be able to install them then push the pin just until it is flush. I have not seen this style of fastener anywhere either.

3. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Now, to figure out a better way to hold this panel in place. I am no fan of these little push in clips. 100_0289 (Medium).JPG

4. JLee81

JLee81 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Looks good, I may install one too.

SGH-T989 ? 2

5. dellrio

dellrio Im pretty much awesome

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have removed this panel several times, so they can be used again - but they seem to be less effective after each use. I plan on just getting a bag of them as well as a bag of the regular push in plugs from the stealership.