1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear axle level sensor

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Revell, Aug 9, 2024 at 9:43 AM.

1. Revell

Revell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello!

On my rear axle there is this level sensor that has something to do with my head lights. The automatic leveling I believe. There is a plastic-ish bar (see attached picture) that has broken off on mine and I was thinking I'd just replace it with some metal. But the ends of that broken plastic bar don't match up so I suspect that a piece of it fell off when it broke. So I can't use the length of it as reference. Does anyone know the length of that plastic bar? Maybe someone could measure theirs?

Attached Files:

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Isn't that a clean break are you saying there's a piece that goes on the end of the eye and then goes on the piece of the shank or shaft that's missing that wouldn't seem right so it would seem unbolting the eye and sticking it on the end where it broke off and measuring hole to hole should give you. Just what you need I don't think I have automatic leveling on my Persona I'll look the rain just stopped but I don't think that happens unless you have I'm not even sure what to duall projectors or something

3. bbrages

bbrages Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A