1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

rear brakes from a Gen 3 on a generation 2

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Tombukt2, Jun 27, 2024 at 5:47 PM.

1. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Does anybody know if most of the stuff will fit I'm talking about the backing plate and that sort of thing everything else looks like it should work.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The bore and stroke of the caliper pistons will be way different from the drum-brake pistons; I wonder if the gen 2 actuator will be happy with the amount of brake fluid moving or the pressure-to-braking-effect relationship.

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    But I think in the EU or in Australia the generation 2 has rear disc brakes like some Corollas and other markets but not here until they did and I don't know that the brake actuator is a different part number if you have rear discs I guess I need to look all those pieces up and see what the real deal is but yeah should be interesting I'm just curious whether the base parts will fit the backing plate and all that should be the same The front hubs from the two and the three look the same I have them out view them clearly if there's differences they're very small