1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Buck up Camera

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TimeFor, Sep 12, 2004.

1. TimeFor

TimeFor New Member

Why don't American Prius come with the option for Buck up camera?

I want to add it. It has to be possible. The Jap. Prius can't be that different from the American ones. Anyone talked about the possibly of this?

Maybe someone knows what all there is in the system.

2. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There is different purpose between JDM V.S U.S
    In Japan when order with Navi it come with intelligent parking assicstance which require to have back up camera.
    In Japan many different after market Navi is available from different manufacuter and could added back up monitor.
    Is very handy to have back up monitor in Japan because its anywhere you go space is tight. Wish to have large parking space like in US and FREE

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    A back-up camera will be available from Costal Tech. However, Prius stuff is just a hobby/sideline for them, so there's no knowing when it will be ready. Also, they've evacuated for the hurricanes, so they're closed right now. But they are a very thorough and reliable outfit, so once they do release it, it should be very good.

4. TimeFor

TimeFor New Member

Do you have to pay where you live to park? In LA you basically have to pay to park too. Sure there are free, 2 hour parking spaces around if you get there at 6am. But most people have to fork out the 5-7 bucks a day. :roll:

And if your in LA for a event, parking is normally 11+. I'm moving to LA so that’s why I bought my Prius. I wanted a smaller car that I could park easier.

5. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Living in Japan is like living in NYC. Which means nothing free in Japan specialy living in town. Also space come with price specialy in town.
    Average garage run $2 every half hour which like pic I attached. Same garage might charge extra 50cents for large classfied car like Prius. Parking on street is own lisk, most of time you will get parking ticket. That endup paying fine and duc the point.
    My condo did not have on site garage so, I have rent garage about 400yard from my condo, which cost me $200 a month. But anywhere go parking is just hard find in town, thats why in Japan has good transportation system, subway, bus and so on...

6. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Speedracer, is that a car elevator? I wanted to put one in my house as there is only space on the lot for a 1 car garage. My wife wouldn't go for it :) Probably would have been really expensive anyway!

7. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Pic shown typical parking garage system in town...
    Its carcel system is great space saving but Prius is very tight fit...

8. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    I guess you are thinking of one of these.

[Broken External Image]:http://muenchen-immo-fischer.de/thalkirchen-2zi.etw/foto-garage.jpg

A bad picture and this is in a shared garage, so this duplex is for 4 cars, but a 2 car version is available as well. The far end of the ramp doesnt move much, but the near end goes up or down unto the floor, so 1 the cars can drive in and out.

9. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Who Angles and Ministers of Grace Preserve Us. I hope it will be a long time before we get to that in the west. (Excluding LA they can do anything they want)