1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Bumper and Spoiler Hardware

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jesslong, Feb 13, 2011.

1. jesslong

jesslong Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was recently in a fender bender where I was rear ended. My rear bumper cover became detached on the left side and the spoiler underneath it (left side and center parts) became detached. I lost several pieces of hardware in the crash. I was able to clip the bumper cover back in on the left side, and aside from that, I don't believe any bolts, screws, etc. are missing for the bumper cover. However, the spoiler seems to be missing about half of its hardware.

I found a lovely exploded diagram on this site. However, it is not labeled with part numbers. Does anyone know how I would figure out the part numbers for the bolts/grommets/etc.? I was looking at this site (can't post URLS because my post count is too low) and got all confused about which part numbers I should buy as there appears to be multiple part numbers for each piece of hardware (e.x. the grommet has three different part numbers). I am trying to buy them and install on my own to save money, but if this is impossible to determine without dealer help, I will go to them.

Thanks!

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    toyodiy.com is a website that provides part numbers (but can no longer provide parts diagrams.)

3. vertex

vertex Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Rockauto.com seems to have many of these parts available aftermarket, othewise, you can call one of the online toyota dealers for the part numbers. I used Camelback toyota in Phoenix. They emailed me drawings, and identified the part numbers.

4. daveatm14

daveatm14 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You might look at: toyotapartsales dot com

They have diagrams on some of the parts and discounted prices. No part numbers. I have not purchased from them but they have good pictures of parts.

Check your dealers web site for parts department coupons and discounts.

I slid off of the road today backwards into trees. My rear bumper is pushed to the left and the bottom spoiler is mangled. I am looking for rear bumper parts also. If they are lower in cost with shipping than the dealer I will try them.

Not sure if I should try to repair this my self or take it to a body shop.